How bad is your cold start?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score

20007.3L

Reaction score
the old 7.3 starts the same way. Then she runs like a champ. Normal, i dont plug mine in at all. Never had a problem

6speedsd

Reaction score
My #5 injector is getting bad, and on a cold morning mine sounds almost that bad. Bucking, surging, clanging like all hell. After about 30 seconds to a minute it clears up and idles fine. If I plug it in, it starts right up and idles perfect. Just did an oil change and poured some Revex in. Helped a lot, but still sounds a little rough for the first 10-15 seconds. Never had an issue with it not cranking though. It'll always fire over.

Maybe you have more than one injector acting up?

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
My moms 6.0 starts the same way every morning, and she just had everything gone through. Once it's warmed up runs without any problems. She also runs the sct canned tunes.

DBQLSC

Reaction score
When my truck was not plugged in the cold starts could be best discribed as violent. It was just just the batteries. They tested good and everything but if you started it the VBAT would drop to 9v or lower.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Mine does that here in NY. Pretty much same temps. I just give it some throttle and hold it for like 4 seconds and it'll clear right up. A lot ofof my buddies trucks do that too...

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I'll go video mine now. Wasn't plugged in and it was mid teens here. Granted my engine is a different. Ive always been told most trucks start like this in the cold. Even the big trucks and crane where my dad works.. hell, his crane has its own boiler system to warm up the oil before starting. Runs off batteries, not plugged in. Lol

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Well I made a mistake and it was plugged in. Started without a hitch. I took a video and put it on YouTube but its really not worth watching. Fired right up. I'll unplug it tonight.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
The FiCM is a year and four months old. I am wondering if it is injector related issue, how can I tell? I am not getting any injector codes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Get a power balance test done. sounds like the spools are stuck to the point where when you turn the key it wont fire.

Is this after one cycle of he key?

white07psd

Reaction score
My 6.0 used to start rougher then that with innovatives tunes, new 58v ficm and brand new batteries also new glow plug module relay. Installed an innovative diesel ficm tuner and now it magically somehow starts instantly... i went from 7-10 glow plug cycles to start and now 5 second max then fires up instantly. I run rotella t 15w40 with xr1 oil additive.

sent from the stool.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
My 6.0 used to start rougher then that with innovatives tunes, new 58v ficm and brand new batteries also new glow plug module relay. Installed an innovative diesel ficm tuner and now it magically somehow starts instantly... i went from 7-10 glow plug cycles to start and now 5 second max then fires up instantly. I run rotella t 15w40 with xr1 oil additive.

sent from the stool.

your truck probably didnt have an inductive heat ficm calibration before. are you running innovatives hybrid ficm flash now?

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
The FiCM is a year and four months old. I am wondering if it is injector related issue, how can I tell? I am not getting any injector codes.

even with bad injectors these trucks wont throw contribution codes during a cold start, the misfire monitor is not enabled until the truck is over 160*F.

from the sounds if it your truck has some injector issues.

Latest posts

Members online