How far can we go with Stock Rods?

SAK

Reaction score
You got me thinking on what it will do. I was going to do the vcv valve and ported rails, but sounds like the mp8 will get me what I need.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You got me thinking on what it will do. I was going to do the vcv valve and ported rails, but sounds like the mp8 will get me what I need.

this theory is really very simple, the mp8 can fool the reading and get the pump thinking it needs to do more to maintain pulsewith. at 1220 (mini maxx reading) i could maintain. running a higher pw of 1330-1370, my pressure would drop to 26 ish .. i added the mp8 , turned it up and then it maintained. that 100us (or so) of pw was worth 19hp. this is a very old trick started in 03 on the cummins, so this technology is nothing new. works flawlessly, installs in minutes, and i left the knob tie wrapped under the hood so i didnt have to spend any time feeding it thru the firewall. its pretty much, for our need, best left all the way up so no need for on the fly adjustment.

SAK

Reaction score
this theory is really very simple, the mp8 can fool the reading and get the pump thinking it needs to do more to maintain pulsewith. at 1220 (mini maxx reading) i could maintain. running a higher pw of 1330-1370, my pressure would drop to 26 ish .. i added the mp8 , turned it up and then it maintained. that 100us (or so) of pw was worth 19hp. this is a very old trick started in 03 on the cummins, so this technology is nothing new. works flawlessly, installs in minutes, and i left the knob tie wrapped under the hood so i didnt have to spend any time feeding it thru the firewall. its pretty much, for our need, best left all the way up so no need for on the fly adjustment.

Yup sounds like I want to try messing to mess with it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

What's the vcv valve do?

What does the "pw" and "us" mean that you mentioned? pulse width and units?

live life full throttle

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Depending on your driving style I would say you would be fine. Bigrpower would be the one to talk to. I think he has the exact setup you are looking for and his is holding together just fine. Supposedly a 6.7 with aftermarket charger and dual fuelers will walk a 6.4 from what we have learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TooMuch03

Reaction score
What does the "pw" and "us" mean that you mentioned? pulse width and units?

live life full throttle

Right.

pw is pulse width (theoretical length of time that the injector is open)

us is micro-seconds. u is actually the Greek letter mu but our keyboards don't have that symbol, meaning one millionth of a second. It is the unit of time used in this case to measure the pulse width.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Right.

pw is pulse width (theoretical length of time that the injector is open)

us is micro-seconds. u is actually the Greek letter mu but our keyboards don't have that symbol, meaning one millionth of a second. It is the unit of time used in this case to measure the pulse width.

Ok. Thank you!

live life full throttle

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
This is a very informative thread. I am buying a 2014 and this will be the first diesel that I will mod extensively. I am already thinking about dumping the stock charger.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
This is a very informative thread. I am buying a 2014 and this will be the first diesel that I will mod extensively. I am already thinking about dumping the stock charger.

Why not wait for a '15 Ford is making changes including a new turbo

Any suggestions on the best Turbo Kit when running stock rods?

Its not the kit so much as the turbo you choose to run that will be the deciding factory. Tuning will play a big part in it as well. As far as kits go MPD, Elite, Midwest and SPE all vendors on here to name a few.

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm into my 13 right and to trade up would be a lot of money. Like to have a 15 but from what I read they changed the cut on the crank but not the rods. Rather do Turbo right now but that might change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.