How fast is 350-400whp OBS auto?

Dieselfever

Reaction score
My Regular cab has run 14.6 and 14.3 in the 1/4 with the 14.3 run trapping 93.5 mph. The times, trap speed and weight put it in the high 300's. That was right before I took it to SDX '09 and Dyno'd 401/807 on David Dunbar's dyno. That is with a 5 speed too

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My Regular cab has run 14.6 and 14.3 in the 1/4 with the 14.3 run trapping 93.5 mph. The times, trap speed and weight put it in the high 300's. That was right before I took it to SDX '09 and Dyno'd 401/807 on David Dunbar's dyno. That is with a 5 speed too

Very nice... I bet a well setup auto would shave a .2-.3 more off of those times. Impressive, I appreciate the knowledge on this :ford:

Dieselfever

Reaction score
My launches were/are horrible too, I honestly think I could get it to a 13.9 if I had it dialed in and launching right with the power it has now. I just kinda let that go though, I'm not as much on drag racing as I am sled pulling and this truck hauls the pulling truck :ford:

MINK

Reaction score

What fuel system?

Strokersace

Reaction score

Stock oil, stock turbo, stock fuel delivery system, no i/c?? Cause ya know... That's what the op is looking for to make powwa. If you have any of these modified, then he can't compare is Google findings.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My launches were/are horrible too, I honestly think I could get it to a 13.9 if I had it dialed in and launching right with the power it has now. I just kinda let that go though, I'm not as much on drag racing as I am sled pulling and this truck hauls the pulling truck :ford:

4x4 launches? Lots of wheel spin? I dont drag my truck either, I'm just curious to know what those numbers look like on these trucks.

Stock oil, stock turbo, stock fuel delivery system, no i/c?? Cause ya know... That's what the op is looking for to make powwa. If you have any of these modified, then he can't compare is Google findings.

seriously. google it. thousands of threads out there. I was going to feed the troll, but figured that you had probably already googled the hundreds of forums of 100's 400hp obs trucks w/ stock turbo/fuel/oil and are just trying to troll me.

TERRCO

Reaction score
Gonna call Dom and ask for my money back on that 38R. All this time all I needed was Injectors and a tune!
And Google!

Dam I just JJ'd a boot!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
terrco- That will happen. Good injectors with good nozzles, and some high tech modern tuning does wonderful for a nearly seven and a half liter motor.

wooduck- what was wrong w/ the tranny? was that a 4bi launch?

woodduck97

Reaction score
TC locked up as soon as I let off the brake. Had a prob back in the summer thought we fixed the prob but it didn't.

Strokersace

Reaction score
seriously. google it. thousands of threads out there. I was going to feed the troll, but figured that you had probably already googled the hundreds of forums of 100's 400hp obs trucks w/ stock turbo/fuel/oil and are just trying to troll me.

HAHA!! That's funny right there.

No need for me or anyone in this thread to Google it, cause most all of us have built trucks and 1st hand know what it takes to get to 400 and do it safely, efficiently, and reliably all while having a multi use vehicle.

Gotta ask you Google Master...

Why are you on here asking a question that you clearly could have already gotten the answer you want on Google?!?!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
HAHA!! That's funny right there.

No need for me or anyone in this thread to Google it, cause most all of us have built trucks and 1st hand know what it takes to get to 400 and do it safely, efficiently, and reliably all while having a multi use vehicle.

Gotta ask you Google Master...

Why are you on here asking a question that you clearly could have already gotten the answer you want on Google?!?!

If you've built so many trucks, then you would know that the right parts and the right tuning will yield more power than half ass parts and half ass tuning :thumb:

I was asking for track times for 40hp obs trucks, a little more difficult to search for than finding 400hp builds.

As firm as I am against trolls, sometimes I just cant help myself. If a good chip will bring you about 320whp on a superduty, is it so difficult to wrap your head around making 80hp off of some healthy injectors?

Oh and did you read that 22page Beans Diesel thread where Beans was dynoing and people were chiming in with their 400+hp 7.3 injectors-only results?

Last edited:

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Here is my only input in this thread. If you really don't think these guys know what they're talking about, then leave. It seems you are just fine by yourself. No need for a forum, you know everything already! :doh:

Secondly, if you "can't keep traction at all" with your setup, it's time for some new tires.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Here is my only input in this thread. If you really don't think these guys know what they're talking about, then leave. It seems you are just fine by yourself. No need for a forum, you know everything already! :doh:

Secondly, if you "can't keep traction at all" with your setup, it's time for some new tires.

Maybe I should find a forum that can read better? I clearly stated a good half-dozen times that I never said that I'm building a 400hp truck, never said I wanted a 400hp truck, and never asked for advice on what would give you a 400hp truck. I merely asked "what kind of times does a 350-400hp OBS e4od run?".

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Maybe I should find a forum that can read better? I clearly stated a good half-dozen times that I never said that I'm building a 400hp truck, never said I wanted a 400hp truck, and never asked for advice on what would give you a 400hp truck. I merely asked "what kind of times does a 350-400hp OBS e4od run?".

Yes, that was your original question, but YOU continued to debate with people that asked about your setup that would supposedly hit 400 HP. You brought it upon yourself. You can't just make claims like that and not expect somebody to call BS. It's like bringing a gun into an airport, but it's "okay" because you're just there to fly, not to shoot people up. It's not going to go over very well.

Last edited:

obspsd

Reaction score
Well my buddy's cousin's sister's truck ran ten flat in the quarter with stock everything. I can put it on google if you don't believe me