How fast is 350-400whp OBS auto?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
And strange enough, the old Superchip 1705 in Tow Safe mode seemed to keep the pyro happy :shrug:
Thing was a turd though

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
I read the entire 22 page beans thread and i didnt see 1 post of an obs makin 400 on stock fuel

I love how he chooses to ignore this post.

I also had a 17*hpop to maintain the 2800psi all the way. It seems that you also missed that I said I used the stock muffler, which amazed everyone who saw it.
www.dynotuning.com This is the link to the dyno shop that works. You IDEs just kill me.......With full fuel load, my truck weighs in at about 7900#. Back in 2003, stuff was very expensive compared to nowadays, it took me $10K to get there....

I really doubt your truck weighs in at almost 8,000 pounds. The OBS duallies don't even weigh that much.

yes I am, since he was one of very few that could actually answer my question to my liking.

Yes you are, and so is everybody else.

I fixed it for ya. ;) Plenty of people gave you answers, you just didn't like them.

Like I said, his results aren't typical. One example isn't enough. And I didn't see anything in the Bean's dyno thread either.

Really??? What was your race weight? auto 4x4 I assume? Who's tunes? What sticks are you running to pull 12's???

LOL he has a fuel system! It doesn't count! LOL

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I love how he chooses to ignore this post.

I really doubt your truck weighs in at almost 8,000 pounds. The OBS duallies don't even weigh that much.

I fixed it for ya. ;) Plenty of people gave you answers, you just didn't like them.

Like I said, his results aren't typical. One example isn't enough. And I didn't see anything in the Bean's dyno thread either.

LOL he has a fuel system! It doesn't count! LOL

No, the amount of track times in this thread can be counted on one hand... Thru all 12pgs of it!

I was more interested in how he ran a 13sec 1/4 than I was in how he produced the power.

goodstktbo

Reaction score
Really??? What was your race weight? auto 4x4 I assume? Who's tunes? What sticks are you running to pull 12's???

Stock turbo, no i/c back in '08. 6950 race weight. 4x4. 250/200's swamps auto. Had fastest obs wit stock turbo til 2 of my friends beat me. 400/300's and s475 for the 12.0's

DMDP

Reaction score
95 f250 4.10's, 33's, upgraded automatic, 238/100s, e fuel, stock turbo, adrenaline hpop, intercooled... 13.58 at 97mph. Never Dyno'ed

Same setup plus a d66 turbo in my 96 f350 manual on 35's before the cummins swap.. did 435hp on innovatives dyno and ran a 14.7 slamming gears..

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Goodstk: How long did the stock charger last with all that fuel? I'm very impressed with your past and current setup :thumbup:

Dmdp: what about you? How longd that stock turbo last w/ that power?

Seems like the auto really helped your truck out tho!

Last edited:

DMDP

Reaction score
That turbo hates life, but is one belligerent SOB.

That turbo has been through hell!! I can't believe it's still going. Made many passes down the track, hooked to the sled every other weekend,
And this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Isl1kn3Xw

Won 400 buck cash for that. It puked all the coolant out and a fuel line caught fire afterwards. Don't ask about the Reving up and down, that was my attempt at keeping the temps down. :doh: and if your wondering, that motor had 260k on it and we had it back at the track the next weekend. and when I parted that truck, we put the motor in Todd's truck (goodstktbo) and its still going strong;)

old man dave

Reaction score
I read the entire 22 page beans thread and i didnt see 1 post of an obs makin 400 on stock fuel

That's because I did it in 2003 and got so much BS about it through the years I quit posting about it because the internet diesel experts always knew better.

I said my truck made 399.8 hp on stock fuel, 408 with Bean's fuel system using 160splitshot stage IIs and stock muffler, with a 1.0 housing stock turbo on a DynoJet 248 without a load cell to screw up the readings. Its also one of only 3 DynoJet 248s in the country with 5000# rollers. The discussion is how much hp you could get with 160stageII splitshot injectors, NOT if you have or have not the proper supporting mods.

Now, guy says post a dyno sheet, so I did for the first time, I guess he doesn't believe it, now he says my truck does not scale out at 7900#, I didn't empty it out when I raced it and I have some rather heavy accessories. I've scaled the truck a lot of times at the weight I drive it at. I never said the truck was not modified, I stated I've tried most every performance enhancing trick I've heard about given the parameters I choose to operate with including changing out every sensor in the truck.

Stock muffler is just that, the rest of the system is modified including a 3.5" Banks mandrel bent tailpipe and gutted EBPV. Had a DieselPower chip by the only guy who could tune the setup at the time, Bill Cohron, he's now PHP. 17* hpop that held 2800psi at WOT. Its a 97 California truck so the fuel pressure came jacked up stock. Tymar intake with no CCV provision. Banks PowerPack (whats left is the intercooler, 1.0 turbo housing, downpipe, stock muffler and 3.5" mandrel bent tailpipe. BTS transmission since the stocker smoked when the injectors were installed. Full synthetic oils in everything. All new sensors. JServo IDM. I monitored operating parameters using AE, a G-meter and lots of dyno runs. And a lot of other small stuff that adds up.

I'm now swapping in a full on WOP/KASB engine, maybe all of you experts can tell me what both Zane and DI told me what I could expect for power.

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Still going on woodduck97's truck..

Interesting. Kinda making me rethink getting these 160/30s this summer and going for 200/?? Injectors if the stock turbo will last.

That's because I did it in 2003 and got so much BS about it through the years I quit posting about it because the internet diesel experts always knew better.

I said my truck made 399.8 hp on stock fuel, 408 with Bean's fuel system using 160splitshot stage IIs and stock muffler, with a 1.0 housing stock turbo on a DynoJet 248 without a load cell to screw up the readings. Its also one of only 3 DynoJet 248s in the country with 5000# rollers.

Now, guy says post a dyno sheet, so I did for the first time, I guess he doesn't believe it, now he says my truck does not scale out at 7900#, I didn't empty it out when I raced it and I have some rather heavy accessories. I've scaled the truck a lot of times at the weight I drive it at. I never said the truck was not modified, I stated I've tried most every performance enhancing trick I've heard about given the parameters I choose to operate with including changing out every sensor in the truck.

Stock muffler is just that, the rest of the system is modified including a 3.5" Banks mandrel bent tailpipe and gutted EBPV. Had a DieselPower chip by the only guy who could tune the setup at the time, Bill Cohron, he's now PHP. 17* hpop that held 2800psi at WOT. Its a 97 California truck so the fuel pressure came jacked up stock. Tymar intake with no CCV provision. Banks PowerPack (whats left is the intercooler, 1.0 turbo housing, downpipe, stock muffler and 3.5" mandrel bent tailpipe. BTS transmission since the stocker smoked when the injectors were installed. Full synthetic oils in everything. All new sensors. JServo IDM. I monitored operating parameters using AE, a G-meter and lots of dyno runs. And a lot of other small stuff that adds up.

I'm now swapping in a full on WOP/KASB engine, maybe all of you experts can tell me what both Zane and DI told me what I could expect for power.

I love how you use this lose term 'internet experts', and how true that is. People have selectivebeliefs on the intrnet, even if the proof is right in front of them.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Proof is proof. When I see proof, I don't keep discounting it.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've seen a few guys in here, other forums and youtube with huge injectors on stock turbos tho? It seems very hit or miss with these.

1995stroker

Reaction score
With everything listed in my sig. I ran a 13.6 @98 mph I believe it was..
Don't remember the 1/8's & 60's right off hand ill have to get the slips out of the glove box next time I get in there.

I know my trucks I/C, E fuel, and a D66 But I think I'm in the 350-400+ neighborhood your talking about, Just to give you an idea..

Jared

DMDP

Reaction score
I've seen a few guys in here, other forums and youtube with huge injectors on stock turbos tho? It seems very hit or miss with these.

It all depends on what you wanna do in the future. If you don't plan on going bigger with the turbo in the future then there's no reason to have anything bigger then 2's. but if your gonna put a real turbo on it one day then don't waste your money and just get a small set of hybrids and good tunes

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.