How much will 35" Toyo Mts affect MPG because of there weight?

sootie

Reaction score
Im really leaning towards the toyos or the dick cepeck FC-IIs. The toyos just look so damn good on f250s.

the FCII's look better than they perform. Wear life was okay and they are quiet but rain and snow traction left a little to be desired...

On edit: you probably dont get much sno LOL

colecoop56

Reaction score
the FCII's look better than they perform. Wear life was okay and they are quiet but rain and snow traction left a little to be desired...

On edit: you probably dont get much sno LOL

Haha ya every now and then but nothing I have to worry about. I honestly wish it would snow a little more. But I had the fc-IIs on my last truck which was duramax and I thought they were ok. I think the toyos are a better tire and look better to but they weight 10lbs more a tire. Does 10lbs extra a tire really matter that much??

highdrum

Reaction score
I have 35x12.5R20 MTs on my truck. With the level and factory 275/75R18s I was seeing 18 on the highway, deleted. After swapping to the toyos and the BMFs, I went down to 15-15.5 mpg. I just ordered 295/65R20 ATIIs to replace my MTs. They're 17 lbs per tire lighter and 1.2" narrower, I am sure it will help. The MTs are posted in the classifieds. 6K on em, pretty much new.

PFarmer

Reaction score
I had 35" BFG AT TA/KO's on my 2011 F-250. I want to say that they were 315/75/16. I had to get after market wheels (obviously) and I also had a 4" Rancho Lift. My mileage went from 18 to 13. I traded that truck in April.
Now I have 275/70/20 BFG AT TA/KO's on stock Lariat wheels and a 4" Pro-Comp lift in my 2012 F-250 (3.55 rear-end gears) and I average 16 to 17. Tire size made all the difference for me.

highdrum

Reaction score
275/70 is till a 35+ in tall tire, just bout 2" narrower and probably a fair bit lighter.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i ran 35 1250s on stock 20s and then again on my AF 20s untill i went up in tire size, i was knocking down 16 average all day with mix driving, saw 18 to 19 on long high way runs, ans would see about 15 in town

highdrum

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to hear man haha.

Well I have been telling you my experiences with these tires for a while. It is weird though, as some trucks just get better fuel mileage than the truck that came off the assembly line before it, or after it. My '03 Cummins got 20+ mpg all day long with 35" tires, whereas my dad '03 Cummins, same configuration, CCLB 4x4, barely managed to get 17. It varies greatly from truck to truck. you may only lose 1 mpg.

colecoop56

Reaction score
Damn 2011s haha. I swear they get a lot better mpg then the 13s. I have compared them side by side with the exact same setups and every time the 2011s get 2 mpg better.

What kind of tuning are you running to achieve these mpg? Stock H&S or a custom MCC?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i run KEM tuning, soon to be some MCC tuning once i finish playing with some stuff on the charts and get brave enough to try it out lol

PFarmer

Reaction score
275/70 is till a 35+ in tall tire, just bout 2" narrower and probably a fair bit lighter.

Actually, my tire is 34 1/5" :) Just not as wide as the other tires. The width sure made a difference in my mileage and one thing I will say about the BFG's..I know people love them or hate them and I am one that loves them. With that being said, I have learned a VERY important lesson about my tires. If my balance and front end alignment aren't PERFECT... I will get the symptoms of a "death wobble" that are every bit as dangerous as a true death wobble.

colecoop56

Reaction score
i run KEM tuning, soon to be some MCC tuning once i finish playing with some stuff on the charts and get brave enough to try it out lol

Is it true that the KEM tuning really messes with the mpg reading? How do you like the tunes? Do you get a lot of turbo flutter?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Is it true that the KEM tuning really messes with the mpg reading? How do you like the tunes? Do you get a lot of turbo flutter?

had some flutter with the first round of tuning, KEM brought out an update and sent it to me and it was like a whole new truck again, it does jack with your reading on the dash mpg wise, mine stays at around 14 mpg according to the dash, but hand calc'd it north of that by a few mpgs

colecoop56

Reaction score
I hear ya man. I have always wondered how his tunes are and what the drive ability is like with them.

On another note. The Bfg At KO has a size that measures in at 35.4x13x20 and only weights 68 pounds. It would be an awesome set up but the damn thing is running like $500 a tire.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.