How not to ship injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Wish I would have had that luck with the Farmer hybrids I bought. Went thru 2 sets trying to get them right and the 2nd set ran worse than the 1st. Issue after issue, just as you described in your original post. Then there was the condition when shipped. More packing then yours but damaged boxes, nothing protecting the nozzles, loose solenoids, etc etc...

I just got them back from Nate at Unlimited getting massively fixed. The only thing reusable was the nozzles. They're going back in tomorrow. Hopefully this fixes over a year of issues.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
What'd you have Nate build you?

Strokersace

Reaction score
What'd you have Nate build you?

They were supposed to be 400/200 hybrids from Farmer. When Nate flowed them, they were actually 300ish/200's. So he fixed, replaced, repaired, and updated to his 400/200s with special sauce.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Wish I would have had that luck with the Farmer hybrids I bought. Went thru 2 sets trying to get them right and the 2nd set ran worse than the 1st. Issue after issue, just as you described in your original post. Then there was the condition when shipped. More packing then yours but damaged boxes, nothing protecting the nozzles, loose solenoids, etc etc...

I just got them back from Nate at Unlimited getting massively fixed. The only thing reusable was the nozzles. They're going back in tomorrow. Hopefully this fixes over a year of issues.

I wish I had gone with Nate. I had a set of Unlimited stage 1's way back in the day that I bought used with 30k on them. I put another 50k on them before selling, and as far as I know they are still going strong to this day.

At this point I've got injectors I can't use, a company I don't trust, and no disposable income to rectify the situation. Plan is to find a set of stock AA's to get me by until I can have these fixed.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Call tim at performance injection systems. He can fix these injectors correctly no problem

The issue is money.
If I tallied up the initial purchase price of the injectors, the parts I've thrown at the truck in an attempt to get it running correctly, and the lost income (I make a good amount of money with my truck during the summer), I'm into these injectors for close to $5k at this point.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Looking back farmers is who made these injectors and the vendor sent them back to him for a flow check lmao now atleast I am 99% sure the vendor sent them back to them just think it fell short on there end(maybe it's acceptable to **** them that way)... either way I hot a good deal for them just wish they were packaged better still would like to know which vendor packaged them well I sure hope when I throw these in next week they don't leave me stranded in BFE

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
First off let's get some things straight if you had issues with the Injectors in the first place you should have called us or emailed us since you can't talk on the phone because you work nights and we would have sent you another set out just like if you would have asked us this time but you said you were sending them in and we took 4 days to look at them because we were swamped and they shipped next day air over 100$ in shipping to get them back to you asap..than you wait til now after you got the injectors back Tuesday to say the soleniod is broking and packing is crap..not once have you picked the phone up and called the shop or emailed saying something was messed up

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We had issues with past employee and shotty work that we have worked very hard to clear up..even with your cores you sent in we had no proof they were here and you dealt with greg and I still sent you your money for cores which was triple what any 7.3 are worth and thay was just a month ago and never once mentioned anything wrong with your injectors why don't you put the injectors in the truck which is our 100% quality rebuild and see how it runs? If you need soleniods I offered to next day you brand new soleniods and you can install them

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
And for everyone clarification the green tamper proof paint is for us to know that they are our injectors

oneturboforme

Reaction score
^^^seems like there atleast trying to work with ya. I've been to the point(why I don't order **** from jegs) where it just gets old having issues all the time hopefully you guys got your employee issue figured out. And I sure hope these 300/200 I have are as good as I have read review on.

jngreen

Reaction score
I wondered if these were a part of the pizza pig problem.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Hmm I'm kind of confused right now. Are AD injectors split shot... my solenoids clearly have AD on them and e stamped on the tip(nevermind the ad part I just read up on it and once there modified codes don't mean anything) still curious about the e tho.. I'm wonderin if they even sent me the right injectors per what I paid for(not saying farmers talking about the other vendor)

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Hmm I'm kind of confused right now. Are AD injectors split shot... my solenoids clearly have AD on them and e stamped on the tip.. I'm wonderino if they even sent me the right injectors per what I paid for(not saying farmers talking about the other vendor)
If they are aftermarket injectors the code on the top doesn't mean anything if it is a stock injector it matters as most aftermarket higher flowing injectors have different internals

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Hahaha i just edited my post because i saw that Do you know what the e would stand for? Like I said they were suppose to be 200 over and suppose to be a set of yours

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I'll do my best to answer all three posts, in order.
-I was out of town Monday through Friday this week for work. I arrived home last night, excited that I might finally have a functional vehicle after all this time. As soon as I picked up the package, my heart sank as I could hear metal hitting metal. At which point I grabbed my phone and decided to document everything. You can see the sticker still intact on the injector boxes.
-You paid $100 to overnight injectors to me, but skipped the $5 in bubble wrap. Hell, you could have just re-used the bubble wrap I used when I shipped them to you. Each injector wrapped separately, with a thick layer top/bottom/sides.
-Overnight shipping me solenoids does absolutely no good when they won't show up until Monday. I don't have time to play with my truck during the week, and I need it running months ago.
-Your employee (previously) and I made a deal on these injectors. I've never made an attempt to hide that. At the time you guys were in need of rebuild-able 7.3 cores (according to Greg). As such, we agreed that you would discount the cost of the injectors if I sent in two extra sets of cores, on top of the set which I wanted built. The fact that it took months to get my core credit back is irrelevant, and I was willing to excuse that given your issues with Greg.
-As of when I contacted you regarding my core credit, I was still in the process of flushing money down the drain on parts I didn't need, to correct the injector issues. Immediately after installing the injectors, and realizing there were issues I sent them back to you (Greg). Greg claimed to have re-flowed the injectors, and claimed they all performed on the bench. At which point he shipped them back to me, and I began the process of replacing every other HPO related component. Once I had exhausted every other possibility, I then contacted you regarding a possible injector issue.
This is now the third time these injectors have been at MFI. Once in early June to be re-built. Again in late June / early July to be inspected. And now again to be re-re-built.
I’m done with this ordeal. Every step has been another issue with one thing or another. Three chances is plenty to get a set of injectors built properly. At this point I’m putting stock injectors back in it and just going to enjoy driving again.

V-Ref

Reaction score
They were supposed to be 400/200 hybrids from Farmer. When Nate flowed them, they were actually 300ish/200's. So he fixed, replaced, repaired, and updated to his 400/200s with special sauce.

You'll like those. I bet those will be the last 7.3 injectors you ever buy.

OP- sounds like MFI is attempting to be responsive. Perhaps shipping them back for repair and then selling them to recoup your costs is the best answer. Applying the cash towards one last set from a trusted vendor on here to end this ordeal. I understand just wanting the headache to end.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
You'll like those. I bet those will be the last 7.3 injectors you ever buy.

OP- sounds like MFI is attempting to be responsive. Perhaps shipping them back for repair and then selling them to recoup your costs is the best answer. Applying the cash towards one last set from a trusted vendor on here to end this ordeal. I understand just wanting the headache to end.
We are a trusted vendor on here and one of the longest ones on this page we are not out to screw someone but when there is no phone communication back and forth to let is know a issue seeing as we are open on Saturdays he could have called or emailed but no he had to get some attention by posting it on here..we can't help what our previous employee did and I am trying to fix everything I possibly can but when someone doesn't want to cooperate it makes the job a little hard not once did he ever call asking if there could possibly be a issue with his injectors he took it apun himself to dump $1000s of dollars in his replacing parts that weren't the issue

rusty1161

Reaction score
We are a trusted vendor on here and one of the longest ones on this page we are not out to screw someone but when there is no phone communication back and forth to let is know a issue seeing as we are open on Saturdays he could have called or emailed but no he had to get some attention by posting it on here..we can't help what our previous employee did and I am trying to fix everything I possibly can but when someone doesn't want to cooperate it makes the job a little hard not once did he ever call asking if there could possibly be a issue with his injectors he took it apun himself to dump $1000s of dollars in his replacing parts that weren't the issue

What about how you packed and shipped the injectors? Is that your standard way to pack injectors?

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online