How to check pcm code?

JD3020

Reaction score
Buddy of mine wants me to put some tunes on his auto e99. But its had a re-man PCM installed with no stickers on it. I have AE, is there a way i can read the PCM code with it?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
If you can post or pm me the vin I might be able to get it for you

As far as I know I don't believe you can read it off the PCM. Are there no numbers on the PCM near the connector with a bar code?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Ah, I'd only be able to tell you the original anyway. Have a Napa part number? Maybe you can cross reference the number? Don't know how else you would get it if it's not the original code

JD3020

Reaction score
Ah, I'd only be able to tell you the original anyway. Have a Napa part number? Maybe you can cross reference the number? Don't know how else you would get it if it's not the original code

I need to check it again but i dont think there was a part number on it, and nobody has the reciept or anything for it.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Won't matter what the code is really. Dpc code will be the same for all of them.

Dpc-402 I think for auto
Dpc- 401 for the manuals.

Either way have someone else post their E99 Dpc code.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Won't matter what the code is really. Dpc code will be the same for all of them.

Dpc-402 I think for auto
Dpc- 401 for the manuals.

Either way have someone else post their E99 Dpc code.

Unless it is a Cali model, these codes are correct.

XLE for E99 Federal Auto and AWA for E99 Federal Manual.

To the OP... You can plug in a scan tool or programmer (SCT, Edge, etc) and pull the Strategy. That will cross to the exact code.

Arisley

Reaction score
Buddy of mine wants me to put some tunes on his auto e99. But its had a re-man PCM installed with no stickers on it. I have AE, is there a way i can read the PCM code with it?

Unless it is a Cali model, these codes are correct.

XLE for E99 Federal Auto and AWA for E99 Federal Manual.

To the OP... You can plug in a scan tool or programmer (SCT, Edge, etc) and pull the Strategy. That will cross to the exact code.

With it being a remanned PCM, its a WAG unless you pug a scanner into it. When I plug my AE into my truck, it says it is a 2000. A replaced my XLE4 a lot of years ago with a PMT1.

Latest posts

Members online