How to make power in a 7.3

Black 02

Reaction score
Inventory created facilitates I've seen handle anywhere from stock to 750hp. It's just a problem of when they go.

If you want that kind of energy to last, go with facilitates and a girdle.

The girdle is not $2.5k. A gridle is undoubteldy under $1k.

Are you OK? Meth OD?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Inventory created facilitates I've seen handle anywhere from stock to 750hp. It's just a problem of when they go.

If you want that kind of energy to last, go with facilitates and a girdle.

Is this a google translate, or am I not seeing it?

superstroker99

Reaction score
griddle, rods and fill the block to the bottom of the water pump ports. you will be fine i have had mine filled for a few months i drive the truck where i want when i want how i want. It idles alot, i tow a tractor from time to time @ about 8000lbs no overheating problems at all. but i cant speek for all rigs, just letting you know i have had no problems with a filled block

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
CR 5.9 with a pcs controlled bts. *** have to worry about her poppin at 600 horse

Lol you have never seen a cr cummins have issues 600? I have damn sure seen my fair share of them with melted pistons, dropped valve seats, rods hanging out of the block..... They are just as prone to failure

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
Check out my list below its right around 650 hp. I dont have a girdle or filled block on my truck. I've had this set up for maybe 8000 miles and 15 drag strip passes. Takes alot of time and money. Good luck!

04stroker

Reaction score
Ive got a setup in my pulling truck I would be willing to sale if he wanted and has the money.
Swamps 355/400%
Gen 3 hpop
H2E mounting kit and Swamps BFH turbo
BTS transmission
He would need to buy valvetrain upgrade and headstuds. All parts have maybe a couple hundred miles.

Reaction score
Fwiw I grenades a forged rod motor with 300/100's, srp1.1, 38r, mater/meth, in only 3 hooks, 7-1/8th miles passes and a few 4000 rpm burnouts! The forged rod motors are not bulletproof. I have seen them hold more power but they will not take higher rpm for very long. Once I got the rpm straightened out so it would pull 4k it didn't last. I had good springs and pushrods too.

Like I said its fwiw.

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

mattman347

Reaction score
Check out my list below its right around 650 hp. I dont have a girdle or filled block on my truck. I've had this set up for maybe 8000 miles and 15 drag strip passes. Takes alot of time and money. Good luck!

:whs:

I have close to the same set up and about 7,000 miles on mine with multiple passes at the track and I just used it to tow over 10k for over 500 miles this last weekend. :pimp:

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Fwiw I grenades a forged rod motor with 300/100's, srp1.1, 38r, mater/meth, in only 3 hooks, 7-1/8th miles passes and a few 4000 rpm burnouts! The forged rod motors are not bulletproof. I have seen them hold more power but they will not take higher rpm for very long. Once I got the rpm straightened out so it would pull 4k it didn't last. I had good springs and pushrods too.

Like I said its fwiw.

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

Oh yeah i know there is limitations on the stock forged rods.. and plan on putting rods in it now.. just didnt know how much abuse they could take.. thanks for the chime in though man! more info the better lol.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
I'm a die hard ford guy at heart...but reliable lots of HP and powerstroke don't go together

My 6.4 is around 600+ and i drive it all over the country lol. Plenty reliable. But back on track from the derail.. this is a thread on building a 7.3, not telling me to put a cummins in or that powerstrokes can't be reliable. Not trying to be an a-hole.

Lang

Reaction score
Well at what HP do u guys consider high in a 7.3? Also at what HP do things start becoming unreliable?

Black 02

Reaction score
Well at what HP do u guys consider high in a 7.3? Also at what HP do things start becoming unreliable?

I think 600hp can be pretty safe now with the advances made in the industry. There are guys that DD 700hp + trucks, but not too many.

All about how many years you want to work to pay it off.

I personally like being different and getting it done in the 7.3. Dodge boys don't like getting shut down by a corn binder.

Latest posts

Members online