hp question

cw96stroker

Reaction score
So say you have a tune that is 500hp and like some of you are saying you aren't making that all the time or actually never while you are towing. And as you tow up hills an such you go up around lets say 400 hp and then as you get to the top or on flat ground maybe you are only making 100-200 or so idk, but what Im getting at is.. Would it be all that harmful if you are making well above stock hp for only short periods of time such as pulling up hills and such?

Last edited:

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
As far as I know Charles only has one tune on his truck, yes I'm sure its reasonable to say that he didn't use 600hp all the time to tow with but it was the same tune (or close to that tune that put down 600)

907DAVE

Reaction score
How many of you guys tow WFO all the time while towing.....if you are not - you are not using all the power available.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
How many of you guys tow WFO all the time while towing.....if you are not - you are not using all the power available.

Depends.... if you would have been in my Dmax on the return trip from Tennessee as a rescue mission to pick up Matt_P's poor 6.0... it was WFO every hill on the way home. LOL I had a tuning issue that cause a limp mode at light throttle heavy loads - the solution - heavy throttle. LOL So we would accelerate up every hill we came to.

:D

DocBar

Reaction score
Depends.... if you would have been in my Dmax on the return trip from Tennessee as a rescue mission to pick up Matt_P's poor 6.0... it was WFO every hill on the way home. LOL I had a tuning issue that cause a limp mode at light throttle heavy loads - the solution - heavy throttle. LOL So we would accelerate up every hill we came to.

:D
That's called the drag-n-fly. Drag it up one side of the hill and fly down the other.

Sinister 7.3

Reaction score
I've got my dd sitting about 625-650 at the rear wheels I pull my 32 ft toy hauler loaded with fourwheelers, choppers or whatever else were playing with for the weekend I pull every single weekend and sometimes during the week picking up backhoes and materials for a job site, haven't had a single issue with my set up and I run level 3 on my DI tune at all times, if you drive normal and use the power right and not trying to drag race (even though the faces on people are great when you pass them up doing 95 down the highway) with a load then there shouldn't be any problem if it's done right

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
You're not towing 'til you're headed up a 6% at 85 MPH with a loaded tri-axle.

Praying nothing goes wrong...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.