HPOP Options

Jake P

Reaction score
I still need to get my data logs. Do you want them in graph form or spreadsheet, and what exact parameters should i be monitoring.

One other thing i forgot to mention that makes me more sure of a junk HPOP is that even at lighter throttle, when i let out and it returns to idle, it lopes for a second or 2, or 3 or 4 if i was on it hard and it drops back to idle quick, like if im in 3rd gear before the TC locks.

Jake P

Reaction score
I just remembered i have this from last year. I didn't really know what i was doing so i logged an ass load of parameters but you might be able to get an idea here. The ICP and IPR numbers are worse now than they were then.

The tune in this log was tonys extreme tune.

Jake P

Reaction score
Ok what the ***, it wont let me attach the file. Keeps saying "invalid file." :doh:

Tom S

Reaction score
OK, I see we do not have xls file types enabled. Let me check on this.

Tom

Tom S

Reaction score
true..UP TO the point of the mechanical limit of the injector...(IP stroke)

not true. Or I should say, a properly built injector should not have any oil leakage at the upper poppet seat...

ie, an injectors' maximum oil use (bore x stroke of IP)...is the same regardless of time...leaving that injector "on" for eternity should use the exact same volume of HPOil as the minimum time required for it to empty.

If you can drop ICP with extended inj duration (ie more than minimum time to empty), then you have an inj issue related to the poppet valve...which is (unfortunately) very very common in the injector world...

Dave is there something that is done to check for that when set is gone through? I am glad you posted on this thread!

golfer

Reaction score
Dave is there something that is done to check for that when set is gone through?

absolutely.

I'd say our guys spend 80% of there time addressing the oil side of these injectors. Most inj companies just install shims to get the clearances close to stock..but don't address the valving or valve sealing itself.

Jake P

Reaction score
So i still need to know what parameters y'all need to see for the data log. Let me know and i can do it today.

I'll try posting that old data log again.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. Apparently this site doesn't like .csv files.:doh:

Tom S

Reaction score
So i still need to know what parameters y'all need to see for the data log. Let me know and i can do it today.

I'll try posting that old data log again.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. Apparently this site doesn't like .csv files.:doh:

Open it in Excel and save it as an .xls type and it will now work. .csv is not an authorized type.

Jake P

Reaction score
Why is .csv not supported?

I still plan on doing another data log today, what parameters should i monitor? Obviously ICP, IPR DC%, and PW. What else? RPM? Speed? Pedal position?

Attachments

• Jakes 2000 9-10-10.xls
    52.5 KB · Views: 31

Tom S

Reaction score
You have to manually enter in some files types in the forum software. I just happened to know from fixing the Colorado Site.

Jake P

Reaction score
I don't know if no one has seen me ask or if its being ignored, but I'll ask again. What parameters should i log in AE? Did you look at the log i posted?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Log ICP vs PW, with RPM, so we can see what the PW looks like.

Run WOT from 50-90 in drive, OD locked out.

Then, make a second log, ICP vs IPR with RPM, and run WOT from 50-90 in drive again.

The second run will show us what kinda shape your pump is in.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Loggin to many PID's at once slows down the sample rate quite a bit, and you end up seeing each PID once every couple seconds instead of a couple times per second.

And you don't really get the whole picture.

Jake P

Reaction score
Alright got my data logs. Done just how Tom said, RPM vs ICP vs PW on one and RPM vs ICP vs IPR DC% on the other, both done in 3rd gear as low as i could go without a downshift, 50 mph, all the way up to the rev limiter. I think its safe to say i need a new pump. It won't even hit 2200 PSI. :doh:

Attachments

• icp vs ipr w rpm 3rd.xls
    29 KB · Views: 62
  • icp vs pw w rpm 3rd.xls
    32 KB · Views: 79

Jake P

Reaction score
Random thought, you guys think a very new reman 15* pump would work better to hold me by til i get a better pump? I have one of those in my garage layin around.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Alright got my data logs. Done just how Tom said, RPM vs ICP vs PW on one and RPM vs ICP vs IPR DC% on the other, both done in 3rd gear as low as i could go without a downshift, 50 mph, all the way up to the rev limiter. I think its safe to say i need a new pump. It won't even hit 2200 PSI. :doh:

I'd say your pump is done Jake, those injectors aren't that old are they?

In either case, the PW is being kept in check at a little over 4ms, and the IPR is up to 90 from 50 where it appears you went WOT, without a corresponding change in ICP, from the WOT point of 2000ish.

I'd be surprised if the 15* did much better, but if it's gonna be a minute until you get a new pump, it can't hurt to try.

Jake P

Reaction score
Looks very typical to me where the pump does not meet the demand. Here is a T500 vs stock pump to kinda compare to. http://www.coloradodieseltruckclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421&page=2

I'm sure those graphs are very informative. Unfortunately i cant see them...

I'd say your pump is done Jake, those injectors aren't that old are they?

In either case, the PW is being kept in check at a little over 4ms, and the IPR is up to 90 from 50 where it appears you went WOT, without a corresponding change in ICP, from the WOT point of 2000ish.

I'd be surprised if the 15* did much better, but if it's gonna be a minute until you get a new pump, it can't hurt to try.

The injectors i had in the first log i posted the other day were my factory ones with about 145k on them. The ones i have now are alliant remans with about 50-60k on them.

The logs i just posted are using PHP's extreme tune. The one i posted before was tonys extreme, which looking at it, there is like 10 ms PW.:wtf:

It might be a few weeks before i get a new pump, if i get bored i might give it a shot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.