HPOP Options

JD3020

Reaction score
I'd say that if your having problems driving it then go to the 15* pump. I don't have any data logs or numbers to know what was going on, but with my original pump and AD's it ran pretty strong. Only threw an ICP code once, when i was racing my buddies D-max we were doing 90-100+ for a couple miles, and it threw a code on a long WOT run. Now from the very very little driving i did with a toasted converter and trans, the 17* pump ran stronger, but my stock pump didn't feel that bad.

Jake P

Reaction score
If i get bored i'll give it a shot.

I know this isn't the right thread for it but i figure since my questions are pretty well answered, that my pump is done and i want an SRP1, and the fact that i've already got people that know what the F they are talkin about watchin this thread, i have another question. I flow tested an AO injector, results were 55cc of fuel at 1650 RPM, HPO at 170 bar (roughly 2500 PSI), fuel pressure at 60 PSI. Is that for sure 100% a stock injector?

Jake P

Reaction score
Yeah 90ish cc. Stock OBS injector. Same an an AA.

Copied from my response on the org:
It was supposed to be a stage 1. Their paper said stock too, just wanted more than one opinion. It was the flow bench at a local shop. International Fuel Systems.

Jake P

Reaction score
I don't know. It doesn't say on the paper. It just says what i already typed, then it says "the injector tested stock at full load, and idle.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well, without messing with opening up PW every stock nozzled injector will test stock.

Jake P

Reaction score
Alright, well, looks like i'll be callin em to retest it and demand that it be done free since the way they tested it is inconclusive.

Jake P

Reaction score
I'm having that injector retested wednesday. I just got off the phone with them and they said that even with a stock nozzle the flow will be increased when the IP has been modified. But they are retesting for free. How exactly do i need to tell them to flow it? What parameters? Tom i believe you said something like 3000 PSI HPO, and increase pulse width until it totally maxes out? What RPM? I wanna know exactly what to tell them on how to test it for me.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
3.5ms at 3000 ICP and 3000 RPM, then 4ms at the same conditions. If it shows an increase at 4ms drop to 2500 RPM, and try 4.5ms at 3000ICP. If you still get an increase at 4.5 you can go out to 5ms at 2500 RPM.

I would hope to see a stage one level off at near 160cc, somewhere near 4ms, at 3000 ICP.

Jake P

Reaction score
Alrighty, ill have them test it exactly like that. Anything else i should add?

Jake P

Reaction score
Took them back, their flow bench only goes up to 2.5 ms so we took one apart and measured the intensifier piston. .040 is machined off of it. What kind of flow would that equal?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
You'd have to give Jim or Cass a call about that man, see if they wouldn't mind sharing that info.

Jake P

Reaction score
Nope, we didn't even bother putting it on the bench. After he told me their bench only goes up to 2.5ms he offered to just take it apart for me and look at the intensifier piston. I didn't pay a dime for him doin that.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well that's cool. See what Cass or Jim have to say about it, and go from there.

Jake P

Reaction score
Jim said about 120 cc. that is stupid, why would anyone want injectors like that.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Interesting...

Be a good OBS with stock fuel system and HPOP injector.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.