hpops

Big Bore

Reaction score
I agree volume is king, and twins have it, but that volume still needs somewhere to go that is not restricted when not going to the injectors. Restrictions in that flow creates heat. That heat is hard on parts and affects longevity IMO.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Alright let me clear something up here, I have had one of the failed pumps, the one that Tom was referring to with 'no hot start and no hot psi' The pump had an internal failure which was a broken spring. Gary was a stand up guy and has taken the pump back and fully rebuilt it, I was one of two people that I know of that had pump issues, now when you look at the numbers of failures vs. how many pumps are out there, the failure rate is extremely low. I would not hesitate to get one again, they are a great pump and are very very flexible and can be used on applications from mild to wild. I recommend them to folks with anything from stock to past 600hp...they truely are a fantastic product.

Im thinking that's the problem with my current stock 17*. Having hard start and random lose of pressure.

Tom S

Reaction score
Alright let me clear something up here, I have had one of the failed pumps, the one that Tom was referring to with 'no hot start and no hot psi' The pump had an internal failure which was a broken spring. Gary was a stand up guy and has taken the pump back and fully rebuilt it, I was one of two people that I know of that had pump issues, now when you look at the numbers of failures vs. how many pumps are out there, the failure rate is extremely low. I would not hesitate to get one again, they are a great pump and are very very flexible and can be used on applications from mild to wild. I recommend them to folks with anything from stock to past 600hp...they truely are a fantastic product.

Actually it was not you it was on another site as well from someone I have known for years but does not post a ton. Gary is working with him to get this fixed.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
10 out of who knows how many they have sold... few hundred or more? I dont know... but with all new products there are going to be a couple glitches... to me thats nothing to worrie about.

Tom S

Reaction score
Don't say that. The sharing of information is what makes this all worthwhile.

kip4234

Reaction score
Don't say that. The sharing of information is what makes this all worthwhile.

Ok i am gonna come out and say I have had nothing but big oil problems but I am not gonna bash anybody Joey Is my Friend and Gary is working with me now. First I had a old school terminator which was perfect and I had no issues. I built a brand new engine and I was one of the very first ones while I had it apart Joey new my pump was off my truck and offered to upgrade me to the remote IPR newer design. I had a bad leak from where the block of the IPR mated to the 2 pumps. Joey tried and sent me every kind of oring and copper washer in the world and I could never get it to stop seeping oil. Then I decided to try running my Pcv into my exhaust to get away from the haze of smoke at idle under the truck I put a oneway check valve angled into exaust at the back going towards the back of the exhaust and had it on for 1 day and blew seals out of the terminator so bad that I lost 6 quarts of oil in 100 miles. I dont know but will never try this again Pcv. I then took my terminator off and sold it. Then I go 17 degree for awhile and I am not happy with no Big Oil and I see the new Stealth II and I am like this is all that I am looking for. My brand new engine with 500 miles on it. I buy it put it on with 4 new high pressure hoses and it looks sweet, I drive it for awhile and no problems. My truck drives 600 to 1000 miles a year. I start to see a small spot of oil before vacation that turns into a big big pile within 300 miles on vacation. i get home and put truck away still leaking and figure I will mess with it later. I read on Powerstroke nation of people having leaks so I decide to craw up in the valley thinking noway. My valley is full of oil. I feel under pump and sure enough. I call Gary and he first tells me to buy a seal kit for $45.00 and take pump off and replace orings on all of the screws on the side of pump and bottom and it will fix it. I asked if I could just send it back and have him do it and test it because I have been through this before. He said yes and sealed it and sent it back I reinstalled it and now leak is fixed but will not start hot. I tried everything on the truck IPR and isolated the pump and only 416lbs of pressure hot. I pulled it off and Gary is fixing it today and shipping it back. I am not bashing anybody Joey now mills the face of the pumps and has no leak issues. Gary I am praying will fix this issue with my pump both products cost alot of money. I have a truck that is allmost as clean as Toms truck. but I have so oiled it down so many times that I am allmost sick from it all.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Ok i am gonna come out and say I have had nothing but big oil problems but I am not gonna bash anybody Joey Is my Friend and Gary is working with me now. First I had a old school terminator which was perfect and I had no issues. I built a brand new engine and I was one of the very first ones while I had it apart Joey new my pump was off my truck and offered to upgrade me to the remote IPR newer design. I had a bad leak from where the block of the IPR mated to the 2 pumps. Joey tried and sent me every kind of oring and copper washer in the world and I could never get it to stop seeping oil. Then I decided to try running my Pcv into my exhaust to get away from the haze of smoke at idle under the truck I put a oneway check valve angled into exaust at the back going towards the back of the exhaust and had it on for 1 day and blew seals out of the terminator so bad that I lost 6 quarts of oil in 100 miles. I dont know but will never try this again Pcv. I then took my terminator off and sold it. Then I go 17 degree for awhile and I am not happy with no Big Oil and I see the new Stealth II and I am like this is all that I am looking for. My brand new engine with 500 miles on it. I buy it put it on with 4 new high pressure hoses and it looks sweet, I drive it for awhile and no problems. My truck drives 600 to 1000 miles a year. I start to see a small spot of oil before vacation that turns into a big big pile within 300 miles on vacation. i get home and put truck away still leaking and figure I will mess with it later. I read on Powerstroke nation of people having leaks so I decide to craw up in the valley thinking noway. My valley is full of oil. I feel under pump and sure enough. I call Gary and he first tells me to buy a seal kit for $45.00 and take pump off and replace orings on all of the screws on the side of pump and bottom and it will fix it. I asked if I could just send it back and have him do it and test it because I have been through this before. He said yes and sealed it and sent it back I reinstalled it and now leak is fixed but will not start hot. I tried everything on the truck IPR and isolated the pump and only 416lbs of pressure hot. I pulled it off and Gary is fixing it today and shipping it back. I am not bashing anybody Joey now mills the face of the pumps and has no leak issues. Gary I am praying will fix this issue with my pump both products cost alot of money. I have a truck that is allmost as clean as Toms truck. but I have so oiled it down so many times that I am allmost sick from it all.

I feel your pain, believe me. Did you try a new IPR? Disconnect ICP sensor? May I ask whos tunes?

kip4234

Reaction score
Yes I tried everything all sensors icp,ipr and even a cam sensor even though all were new allready, Dp-tunes and also no chip at all and even a Hypermax chip.

kip4234

Reaction score
Yes, I work for a Ford dealership. Truck runs perfect starts perfect cold, will run perfect all day long and turn it off and it will never restart. Wait untill oil cools off and it starts on first bump and will run all day perfect.

bruce

Reaction score
Yes, I work for a Ford dealership. Truck runs perfect starts perfect cold, will run perfect all day long and turn it off and it will never restart. Wait untill oil cools off and it starts on first bump and will run all day perfect.

no wonder you can't figure it out

TARM

Reaction score
Around 10 failures by my count.

I think this is mostly due to using the consumers as testers instead of testing first before releasing.

The design seems sound.
But I would have stuck with 17° swash plate instead of 18.

Volume is king on power.
That's the point of duals.

t-500 at $349 a pump is hard to pass up.

You know this to be the case? So Gary designed this pump and never sent out any test pumps to testers before opening up public sales of the pump? If you would, please post up some data/info to back up this claim, as I have serious trouble believing that would ever be the case not only with Gary but with any of the current pump builders, Joey, Bob, Swamps, BTS.

No matter what kind of field testing is done prior there is always a very good chance when production is put into full capacity issues will arise and updates/upgrades will need to be made. But that is night and day difference to beta testing a unproven product on your retail customer base.

I see the T500 being recommended as well. Has it actually been tested and run with 200% nozzle injectors? If so what were the ICP numbers at full throttle and at what PW? I looked and only threads I could find but it was a quick search were with stock or smaller injectors. I have seen where Joey has recommended it for Stage I and II small hybrids up to 100% which is basically what the ADs range is.

IMO the adrenaline does not carry enough volume on average to guarantee full support of anything 200% or larger. As far as I can tell from the thread I have read on the T500 its more like a AD than a SPR1 when it comes to flow and volume. Now from what I can see of what Joey has posted on things being tested the pump he had been working on labeled the T1000 seems like it is suppose to compete in the same performance range as the SPR1.

Unless something has changed with any of this to me there is only one choice of the ones built off a stock HPOP case that will guarantee full support of a 200% nozzle injector from actual numerous customer field testings and that the SPR1. In fact I believe its even supplying oil for a well modified set of 400% supplying fuel for a compound setup.

Now if you do not mind spending more money and going to duals there are then more options that will also supply more than enough oil for a set of 200% and larger injectors. Gen3, dual terms, BTS dual, Stage II Stealth, old duals

Last edited:

kip4234

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the sensor Ideas, Gary has found the problem and said he fixed it yesterday and is shipping my pump back. I should get it Monday and will put my truck back together at night as I have time.

Latest posts

Members online