Hypermax Injector Discussion from Valve Spring Thread

TyCorr

Reaction score
I appreciate the info on hypermax springs. They are in IL and I drive by there three or four times a week. I think Im gonna make an effort to get to know them better.

Ive heard great things about their inj's but they are friggin expensive. Like over 3k a set expensive.

Reaction score
I appreciate the info on hypermax springs. They are in IL and I drive by there three or four times a week. I think Im gonna make an effort to get to know them better.

Ive heard great things about their inj's but they are friggin expensive. Like over 3k a set expensive.

if I remember correctly hypermax rates there injectors different then we do..I think (but not sure) there stage 2 is like our stage 3..that's why the cost looks different...

nice thread Cat!!!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Hypermax is also responsible for the injectors in the HEUI fuel only 7.3 HP record.

TyCorr

Reaction score
if I remember correctly hypermax rates there injectors different then we do..I think (but not sure) there stage 2 is like our stage 3..that's why the cost looks different...

nice thread Cat!!!

I know when I inquired about their stage II's, they were rated at 250cc's. I dont really think of them in stages anymore. Just cc's. For that reason. Too misleading, imo.

JDub

Reaction score
I know when I inquired about their stage II's, they were rated at 250cc's. I dont really think of them in stages anymore. Just cc's. For that reason. Too misleading, imo.

Multiple customer running their 'Stage II' injectors. Most are 200cc single shots with .010 edm tips, 500+ horsepower easy.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Multiple customer running their 'Stage II' injectors. Most are 200cc single shots with .010 edm tips, 500+ horsepower easy.

I dont remember what that means...I used to know what common nozzle sizes were and now I am only familiar with percentages.

I guess Im not recalling what inj's I asked about but they were indeed 250 cc's....They said 340hp over stock would be attainable....:shrug:

I havent heard anything bad about HM's stuff.

PSDEng

Reaction score
EDM= Electrical Discharge Machining and a 0.010 would be ~200% nozzle. If I recall correctly an actual 200% nozzle is closer to 0.011-0.012.

Reaction score

^^^^^
:badidea:

:eek:fftopic

Hate to be out of line....Cat has a good thread going here..sorry Cat....lets keep injector talk for another thread.... thanks guy's

Last edited:
Reaction score

i like the cc/% as well...just makes things easier

I went ahead and moved the Hypermax injector discussion to here: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11333

Both good discussions - but lets keep them separate.

thanks Hotrod...it will be easier to fallow if these threads stay on the same subject..
here is the valve spring thread http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11068

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
Since the point of this thread is to discuss Hypermax injectors, can somebody please explain what they do different to their injectors than other vendors? I've never done much research on them myself, and as I approach a build I would be interested to know what makes their product special.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I doubt what any injector builder does "different" than another is gonna get posted on a forum.

Unless your name is M Farmer and you're a douche bag, then you'll post that sort of thing.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
LOL Awesome.

Hypermax isn't gonna divulge that info. They are just going to show you track times, dyno sheets, etc., They like to let the product speak for itself

TyCorr

Reaction score
They are all business. No fancy pants facility or anything like that. Has anybody seen their office? Not that it matters to me, but it looks like an old stihl chainsaw/weedeater sales building from the 70's. Glass storefront on a polebuilding.

Apparently they have quality hammered down tight though. Im seriously considering spending the extra money for their sticks. It'd be nice being able to drive an hour and half and be at the place that manufactured your inj's. I also am interested in their high-rev kit for that matter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hypermax inj's and their own high rev kit would be a good setup on a 7.3 wouldnt it?

Anybody here use their stuff?

imelmo

Reaction score
There's a couple with the 6.0 stuff, not sure about the 7.3 though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know its not a great reason but firsthand access, i.e., the ability to drive to their office would be a leg up over mailing shti in right?

I literally drive by their shop in Gilberts two times a week. Sometimes more.

imelmo

Reaction score
If I was anywhere near them I'm certain I'd use 'em for a lot of stuff. Don't think I've ever heard a bad word about 'em. Like stated earlier, they just let their results speak for themselves.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.