I need help

prototypemo

Reaction score
at idle icp is 580-600, just cruising which i can do but its sluggish and shifts stupid hard. At WOT icp goes to 3300-3600. Ill try unplugging the VGT and see what it does. as for boost, I have a manual guage tapped into my map that at WOT will shoot to 26ish, and on my scanguage it reads 25-27 at WOT, cruising at 30 it will hang out around 11-15. Ill get a video later today as ive been working nights so I can work on it during the day. As its stupid cold where i'm at and I cant fit into a garage...(lifted problems) also it has a tune on it, but I do not know what tune it is due to it coming from PO but it has been flashed. The reason I feel this is because I can hang neck and neck with my buddies 6.7 on his +50 tune. Ive cleaned vgt solenoid, pulled turbo and cleaned vanes a couple days ago. Not sure on EBP pressure while driving but ive seen it around 30. ill double check those few issues when I get up and there is day light. and lastly I gave in and ordered a new HPOP, should be here monday but ill still check those items you mentioned. appreciate the extra brain as mine is getting tapped.

prototypemo

Reaction score
dammit! this is the problem with little sleep!!! just cruising my icp is between 1100-1500...left that part out.

prototypemo

Reaction score
so...i unplugged the vgt while it was running...yeah...sparks flew, she stuttered, almost died thencaught itself and went back to normal idle. plugged it back in and after a few went back to high idle. still working on video, but not sure to upload it when done...

prototypemo

Reaction score
How would a tune corrupt? Worked great the first 3 months then it got down to -40 and then everything started breaking

05wh250

Reaction score
Every now and then stuff just goes screwy. But if its still got a tune on it and you haven't tried it stock, I'd try it stock or buy some tunes before you throw anymore parts at it.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
so...i unplugged the vgt while it was running...yeah...sparks flew, she stuttered, almost died thencaught itself and went back to normal idle. plugged it back in and after a few went back to high idle. still working on video, but not sure to upload it when done...

unplugging vgt should not affect the engine like that...

prototypemo

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/117547166

Here is a drive around the block. Highest ebp was 51-57. At wot my rpms go up, boost is there, everything seems to be operating within scope, I just have no power behind the truck. Used to blow some smoke when I hammered it at any speed but never does anymore. Now every now and then when I get into it, it has all its power back but only for 5 seconds or so. Then back to limp mode.

Latest posts

Members online