I need help

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did you notice anything strange from the videos? As you were curious about hearing it.

I can clearly hear your truck has a dead miss. One of the injectors is NOT firing. i have had 6.0s that have 1, and even 2 injectors not firing and you would swear its only running on 3 cylinders worth of power.

A single cylinder miss on a 2003 6.0, and that bastard wont get out of its own way. Im not surprised that your not getting codes either. Since you dont have a scanner, unplugg each injector 1 at a time and listen for the engine to not make a change in the way it runs. Plug each injector back in before continuing to the next... Report back.

Last edited:

prototypemo

Reaction score
Appreciate the info. I'll check them tomorrow. I do have access to a snap on scanner but don't know if I can check injectors on it.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Appreciate the info. I'll check them tomorrow. I do have access to a snap on scanner but don't know if I can check injectors on it.

you can. Go into functional test, and you have the options for buzz test, injector contribution test, and injector cut command.

prototypemo

Reaction score
ugh....(-_-) well it turns out that injectors 1,3 and 7 have all failed. 1 and 7 are miserable and 3 fails under load. looks like i got my next project planned out

prototypemo

Reaction score
Ugh...dead again lol. Died going down the highway and won't build icp at all. Thought I blew a nipple ring so I tore it apart and used starter wire and no oil squirted out. Dummy plug gaskets good. Pulled stand pipe and it didn't seat right. Fixed that and I'll build icp slowly but not 500. So now going after ipr...probably broke an injector tab off and it got sucked through....

Jomax

Reaction score
You sure all the nipples on the oil rail aren't pitted or the orings aren't bad?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

prototypemo

Reaction score
Yeah I checked nipples, they are perfect. Checked o rings in injectors and no Knicks or cracks. Pulled ipr tonight and screen was perfectly in tact. Also when I pulled the valve cover if I had a bad seal. When I jumped the started wire shouldn't I have seen oil squirting out. Cause I didn't?

Jomax

Reaction score
I had a 2004 6.0 (different oil rail I know, same issue the newer ones have though). New injectors fixed the issue you were having. Only all the new injectors did was get a new top oring(i assume the old ones were good). Being that the oring under the nipple was bad, it was pressuring oil around the nipple killing the top injector oring the nipple sits into. Soon after, the truck devolved the same symtoms again.

Had to remove each individual nipple (bought all new nipples and nipple orings). Install the new nipple and oring , AND install the supposedly unserviceable top iniector orings. It's been running fine for 5k miles+.

But this might not be your issue.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
if your not building ICP, run an air leak test, don't go throwing parts at it, it will get costly. Air leak test will give you an exact spot of the leak. Could be something you can not even see.

Jomax

Reaction score
if your not building ICP, run an air leak test, don't go throwing parts at it, it will get costly. Air leak test will give you an exact spot of the leak. Could be something you can not even see.

Sorry I didn't say this, but that is how I found my nipple orings leaking.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Yeah I know this on the air test. Just no way to air test unfortunately. So I figured it was with something I did in the injectors replacement or contaminant and sucked through ipr...and I do have early 04 oil rails

prototypemo

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423957888.654158.jpg

Found the culprit! O ring from the hpop to the discharge line. I probably over torqued it. 8 lbs comes real quick!

Latest posts

Members online