I should have learned....

F350-6

Reaction score
If it does it again, throw a battery charger on it while you wait on them to come get it so you don't end up killing the batteries.

eastern

Reaction score
Same issue

Well second truck with pretty much the same as the OP. Came home yesterday hit button to switch truck off and everything went dead but truck stayed running, Ran for about 3-4 hours thinking it would shut off by itself. No go.
Ended up unplugging wires from computer on fire wall. WTF. So for now the only way to turn truck off is to unplug wires. Why cant they keep **** simple.

eastern

Reaction score
Welll OK. Get this. Talked to my buddy that is a mech at ford dealer. I had a LED work light plugged in the rear power port that was back feeding power to truck and would not allow truck to turn off. Are you ****ting me.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Welll OK. Get this. Talked to my buddy that is a mech at ford dealer. I had a LED work light plugged in the rear power port that was back feeding power to truck and would not allow truck to turn off. Are you ****ting me.

Thats a new one, but ive seen all sortss of goofy chit from added in stuff. Seen a phone charger cause the blower motor to wig out...

Jomax

Reaction score
That's some strange stuff. Sounds like more of these issues may come up.

Pretty rare. People search google and find threads like this then post in them with their issues. Seems like a ton of people, but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
my problem was nothing like yours eastern...my truck was off, but the dash lights, stereo, and headlights stayed on

when i disconnected the battery and reconnected them it seemed to remedy the problem...so much so the dealer couldnt find anything wrong, other than the plethora of fault codes they claimed were historic codes....on a truck with just over 3500 iles, its safe to say those codes were not historic, and were in fact codes related to the problem....i cant wait till it does it again so i cant lemon law this truck

eastern

Reaction score
my problem was nothing like yours eastern...my truck was off, but the dash lights, stereo, and headlights stayed on

when i disconnected the battery and reconnected them it seemed to remedy the problem...so much so the dealer couldnt find anything wrong, other than the plethora of fault codes they claimed were historic codes....on a truck with just over 3500 iles, its safe to say those codes were not historic, and were in fact codes related to the problem....i cant wait till it does it again so i cant lemon law this truck

Ya Grey Yours was definitely worse than mine, But just adding to the electronic nightmare problems. I was lucky that my buddy found the solution in the ford computer system. Must have happened to someone else. Good luck with your issue.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
im hoping it doesnt happen again, but if it does i will for sure start the lemon law procedure

F350-6

Reaction score

What brand and size LED light? Just in case I feel like messing with some friends later? :naughty:

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
You should buy a grey dodge.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

why is that?
is it because you think im not going to get another ford if i lemon law this truck?

out of all the american trucks i like the looks of the ford the best, its why i bit the bullet and got another one after the giant piece of **** 2008, im sure this truck is a fluke, especially since nobody ive talked to in person or on the forums have heard of anything like this...but if i do decide to go with a different brand im gonna have to say ill get a nissan because of the cummins

Jomax

Reaction score
why is that?

is it because you think im not going to get another ford if i lemon law this truck?

out of all the american trucks i like the looks of the ford the best, its why i bit the bullet and got another one after the giant piece of **** 2008, im sure this truck is a fluke, especially since nobody ive talked to in person or on the forums have heard of anything like this...but if i do decide to go with a different brand im gonna have to say ill get a nissan because of the cummins

I'd skip the V8 cummins.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I'd skip the V8 cummins.

Why is that? Just wondering what you have heard or seen about them? They have good power decent fuel economy and the titan is a damn nice truck with a badass warranty. My FIL is the parts/service manager at a nissan dealership. His company vehicle is a titan xd in base trim i dig it for sure. He also has told me that about the only vehicles they do not work on normally is the titan, armada, and frontier. If anyone one of those comes in its a rare deal. If i didnt pull a 14k toy hauler I would have one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
why is that?

Haha, I was going to recommend a grey Nissan too!

Why? Well, why do you think I suggested a different brand? You answered your own question. 2 fords because you like the looks and both have given you issues...

I say... Move the EFF onto something else, regardless of looks, that doesn't give you problems!!!

Just let me know when you're getting rid of your Ford so I can buy your wheels!!! Lol

Last edited: