i wanna crack 800 hp.... on a budget

hucorey

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put an 8 cylinder p-pump from a Mack truck on a 7.3.
A build with those components should easily be capable of supplying the fuel to make the power the OP is after.
Those pumps can be found for under 600 dollars, and the john Deer tractor "pencil" style injectors work well with them.
Just throwing out idea's............\

EDIT: I saw the sticky on this thread. I see there are quite a few very good looking designs.
Does anyone know the cost of the fuel system?

Dont know if thats the same p pump as Sam Santa Rita has but he's just up the road from me and to buy the front cover kit is $16k with the pump IIRC. Him and Hypermax are the only two that make them. Fuel isn't an issue anyway to get to the injectors for 800hp.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put an 8 cylinder p-pump from a Mack truck on a 7.3.
A build with those components should easily be capable of supplying the fuel to make the power the OP is after.
Those pumps can be found for under 600 dollars, and the john Deer tractor "pencil" style injectors work well with them.
Just throwing out idea's............\

EDIT: I saw the sticky on this thread. I see there are quite a few very good looking designs.
Does anyone know the cost of the fuel system?

You just took that 20k budget and blew that out of the water.... even if you pick up a pump and injectors on the cheap everything else needed would be way more than a heui setup. Also since it's mechanical you can't adjust fueling and timing down low so you would need to run a built motor for security.

hucorey

Reaction score
You just took that 20k budget and blew that out of the water.... even if you pick up a pump and injectors on the cheap everything else needed would be way more than a heui setup. Also since it's mechanical you can't adjust fueling and timing down low so you would need to run a built motor for security.

Lol. Yeah. I believe a P-pumped complete built by Sam starts at $75k. But I'm not sure if he even does them any more. Last I heard you could get a 1400hp setup but that was more. :eek:

peterfrae

Reaction score
Pic is iphone to iphone in my front yard and I don't feel the need to post my builds and the pro's that build them don't need to either.. over 800 on 40 shot on dyno Yes more $$ then sense into it but its been fun.. yeah getting 45k Is wish # but if you have the $$ I'll entertain an offer..
And Ad8 PRODIGY I didn't say 850 on fuel only.. mid to upper 700's fuel only..

Last edited:

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Pic is iphone to iphone in my front yard and I don't feel the need to post my builds and the pro's that build them don't need to either.. over 800 on 40 shot on dyno Yes more $$ then sense into it but its been fun.. yeah getting 45k Is wish # but if you have the $$ I'll entertain an offer..

The *** you just say?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
And Ad8 PRODIGY I didn't say 850 on fuel only.. mid to upper 700's fuel only..

Sooooo you just claimed the highest fuel only hp heui 7.3, now can you back it up bud? Dyno sheet and track times or gtfo...
Do you fail in real life as bad as you just did in this thread and on this forum?

On edit: Btw nice trac bars, I'd imagine you know first hand what axle wrap is if you are making 850hp huh?

Last edited:

peterfrae

Reaction score
They are nice track bars but cant really see them in pic.. as a matter fact I do have dyno sheets with those #'s when we ran with a failing 42R.. Waiting on new sheets with the new B/W

TERRCO

Reaction score
Crap. I can't post that dam popcorn eating emoji from tap-a-talk. Someone post it for me. And the bug eyed one too.

Sent from my Nuclear iPhone

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
They are nice track bars but cant really see them in pic.. as a matter fact I do have dyno sheets with those #'s when we ran with a failing 42R.. Waiting on new sheets with the new B/W

Try posting them up, and also not a picture of a picture. I also say it has to be a DAB dyno not someone that will fudge numbers to make you look good. Tho I'd think if this was all true that swamps, empire or the such would be involved and would have posted on the many threads like this. You still haven't posted you're setup for the truck you're selling. Btw quit waiting for a dyno sheet from your buddies truck. Like I said post it up or gtfo, quit beating around the bush.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Try posting them up, and also not a picture of a picture. I also say it has to be a DAB dyno not someone that will fudge numbers to make you look good. Tho I'd think if this was all true that swamps, empire or the such would be involved and would have posted on the many threads like this. You still haven't posted you're setup for the truck you're selling. Btw quit waiting for a dyno sheet from your buddies truck. Like I said post it up or gtfo, quit beating around the bush.

Putting on my waders now...s*** getting deep to say the least. FOS without a dyno sheet or track time slip. Might wanna see what a 1 year old 6.7 costs before you put a 40k+ price tag on a 7.3 thats over 10 years old regardless of mods. Try ebay for a quick sale....it works great for suckers that don't know what they're buying to start with...a diesel forum is not the best choice.

SINNER

Reaction score
Hell for 45k I will sell someone my 04. F350 38,000 original miles.

IMG_0125_zps1e6407a9.jpg

I can put a mild tune in it too so you have 800hp. LOL Under 5k on the engine since it was rebuilt.

attachment.jpg

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
:lame2: "I can make 1000 hp fuel only just let me go find some pics of a truck and someone's slips!" oh and I guess I'll have to create a new user name! Haha this thread has gone overboard.

02BigD

Reaction score
Wow, lots to catch up on..

You can make 800 for cheap.....

Once.

Yes, but the rods were fine ;)

Here's a flow-chart to help you out

Best post in the thread. :D. One thing I would like to modify, once the truck went to Carson, it's been all good since. And they're plenty of other vendors here that have provided great products and service to supplement Carson's work.

get some 350/200s, 75mm turbo and start praying it holds. i can guarantee you it wont for any extended time period given it actually makes the power that setup can produce

Just to be clear, I am not commenting back to you, I just quoted for reference. For the love of our hobby, please don't drive a 7.3 on the street with a 75mm turbo. This is totally my opinion (having driven some different trucks with various 75 ish turbos), but they spool way too late to really control smoke to the point of not being obnoxious.

Kmaikazi jr, Just buy my mint 02' CCSB 4x4 110k on body never dd garaged. full build 850hp just completed (dyno & break in time plus a little street & live tune time on motor) only 3k on BTS, list goes on & on with stuff just installed... Un butched looks semi stock total sleeper.. sale price 45K
truck.png

Let's just be real here sir, you ain't getting out of it what you have in it, not even close. Best return on your investment would be to enjoy driving it. How about a better picture?

850 fuel only?! A build that size, somebody would know who built and it wouldve been brought up on here at some point. Nice try bud

Really, it's not that big of a deal. 400/400's and a lil juice will get you there. It's not like there's not a bunch of billet rod trucks out there that couldn't be at the hp range...feel me?

Hell for 45k I will sell someone my 04. F350 38,000 original miles.

IMG_0125_zps1e6407a9.jpg

I can put a mild tune in it too so you have 800hp. LOL Under 5k on the engine since it was rebuilt.

attachment.jpg

And someone else was talking about a sleeper earlier in this thread....^^^^thats a sleeper. Love that truck Mike, with only 38k on the clock, what do you use it for?

TERRCO

Reaction score
Kmaikazi jr, Just buy my mint 02' CCSB 4x4 110k on body never dd garaged. full build 850hp just completed (dyno & break in time plus a little street & live tune time on motor) only 3k on BTS, list goes on & on with stuff just installed... Un butched looks semi stock total sleeper.. sale price 45K

truck.png

Maybe Danny has a white crew nobody ever knew about.

Sent from my Nuclear iPhone

SINNER

Reaction score
And someone else was talking about a sleeper earlier in this thread....^^^^thats a sleeper. Love that truck Mike, with only 38k on the clock, what do you use it for?

My name is Don. lol

Not much anymore. Originally I used it to tow my boat but once I sold the boat it became a play toy. I drive it about monthly at best. Even leaving it stock looking the coal rolling douchbags in Maryland make it horrible to drive. I drive a lettered 2012 Dodge as my work truck and still have clowns in rusted out 12v's and beater Powerstrokes wanting to drag race past schools almost daily. Too bad for them even the work truck makes 2 times the power they do. haha

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Holy crap guys. Where the hell are the window lickers coming from? Im willing to bet that if there was a heui 7.3 that laid down 800ish hp, with or without the giggle gas, somebody on here would know about it!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.