i wanna crack 800 hp.... on a budget

DocBar

Reaction score
Swamp's on a "budget". LMAO

Swamp's at 800 RWHP on a reasonable budget..... LMAO

$20K installed, plus.

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
Im just looking for 600rwhp in my 7.3.... im going to get a spare block to build. I so worried on filling the block with me DD my 00 F350, and in Arizona's 120 degree heat.... I see over heating issues unless someone in AZ has done it.... I know I could get away with stock internals but for how long.... Too scared to spend money twice... How do folks do it on cheap ass beer budget....

7.3obs

Reaction score
Im just looking for 600rwhp in my 7.3.... im going to get a spare block to build. I so worried on filling the block with me DD my 00 F350, and in Arizona's 120 degree heat.... I see over heating issues unless someone in AZ has done it.... I know I could get away with stock internals but for how long.... Too scared to spend money twice... How do folks do it on cheap ass beer budget....

Forged rod block
Studs
Springs
Pushrods
Fuel system
S468
350/200
Oil pump
Transmission or clutch
TUNING

And an extra long block with forged rods for when/if you throw a rod and that's a small if.

That's my plan. Just saving up.

This is from the reading and talking to people. Let me know if I'm wrong here guys. I'd appreciate it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Forged rod block
Studs
Springs
Pushrods
Fuel system
S468
350/200
Oil pump
Transmission or clutch
TUNING

And an extra long block with forged rods for when/if you throw a rod and that's a small if.

That's my plan. Just saving up.

This is from the reading and talking to people. Let me know if I'm wrong here guys. I'd appreciate it.
close enough... tunning plays a huge role! ross becker(Pontiacross) had around 700hp in the lone stroke and that was with stock forged internals, swamps tunning, 400/400s, s480(?) turbo and big oil and fuel... lived a good long while at that too..

live life full throttle

7.3obs

Reaction score
I envy that build. Watched a lot of his videos and that truck is mean!

Big oil. What's the best system for dd, sled pulls, couple passes at the drags? I'm leaning torwards a gen3 but stealth caught my eye the other day. I like the simple one asembly unit.

mandkole

Reaction score
You can do a lot on a stocker 17* (my setup has done high 13.20s @ 100 @ 7600), but gen3 or termy twins are the primary 'big oil' options at this point. No to the SRP..too many complaints

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
I as most here know am a big proponent of BTS duals the setup is similar to the gen 3 with two IPR's uses two pumps and doesn't take any extra space up in the valley.

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
I got 231k on my engine and runs like a champ.... Just trying to figure out on either building another block or do a gen 3 hpop, injectors, a Borg warner EFR 8374 tuning and BTS trans.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
close enough... tunning plays a huge role! ross becker(Pontiacross) had around 700hp in the lone stroke and that was with stock forged internals, swamps tunning, 400/400s, s480(?) turbo and big oil and fuel... lived a good long while at that too..

live life full throttle

Having the "power" at higher RPMS instead of down low keep his motor going.

97stoker350

Reaction score
That truck had A LOT of live tuning at swamps to tune out the torque and put the hp in. Not a good example for anything other than pure competition

mattman347

Reaction score
It's a little fun. Best part is tuning it down and driving the kids to school everyday. 😋. Always have a full bottle behind the seat for that extra powa to hit 700. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.