ICP reacting strange in the AM???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
you have like 4 iprs... and i know we didnt swap it and we probably should have...

I just found another in the trailer last night when switching propane tanks... LOL.

The one that is in it now is the newest.

I'll pull it and clean it this weekend, see if I can duplicate the condition tomorrow morning.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its.not the oil Jake. If it was rotella maybe. Delo is THE best dino oil. Its better than some synthetics.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah i know, i was just saying everything is the same.. other then the 01 having the factory hpop and ipr that has 190k on them.. when i get my dualy back ill check that too..

DocBar

Reaction score
Kinda thick oil to be running in the winter in the great Northwest? I run 5W40 anytime I'm in an area that gets below ~30*. Beautiful area you live in, BTW. I love Oregon.

Maybe you should "douchey" your IPR or something. Does Massengill make a HPOP system douche? *sarcasm alert*

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ive ran delo 15-40 yr round so no not to thick... its better then syn rotella by far... even in cold starts.. amsoil and mobil one ive tried but do care for the cost and availability sucks.

DocBar

Reaction score
ive ran delo 15-40 yr round so no not to thick... its better then syn rotella by far... even in cold starts.. amsoil and mobil one ive tried but do care for the cost and availability sucks.
I'm running Delo 15-40 in my truck right now and I agree. I love it. I've just never tried it in cold weather. I've always gone to 5W-40 when in cold weather. ~30* is cold to a Texan.

I spent almost two years in South Haven, Mi. and always used the 5W-40 in a '96 F350 2wd after Sept. I hated those two winters.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
So Giuseppe, did you ever figure out if you had 100 or.200% nozzles on your old injectors?

How do these new 'uns compare? Not total output but rather.overall. Smoother?

DocBar

Reaction score
So Giuseppe, did you ever figure out if you had 100 or.200% nozzles on your old injectors?

Ty, I have to ask...where did you get this picture od my wife that you're using as an avatar?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty, I have to ask...where did you get this picture od my wife that you're using as an avatar?

At your house :poke: You told me "anything Ive got, you're welcome to" a year or so back. Lemme guess, you wanna reneg?

DocBar

Reaction score
At your house :poke: You told me "anything Ive got, you're welcome to" a year or so back. Lemme guess, you wanna reneg?
To quote my wife, in relation to Ty: "Boy, I said boy!!!! You're doin it all wroooooooong, boy!!!!! Her words,not mine.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Kinda thick oil to be running in the winter in the great Northwest? I run 5W40 anytime I'm in an area that gets below ~30*. Beautiful area you live in, BTW. I love Oregon.

I've run delo from -20 to 120... I have never had a reason to change oils...

Still really not sure. They didnt flow for **** on the bench for some reason. When Geoff flowed them years ago, they flowed 47lpm, but when installed in the injectors they could not get them to flow more then 190cc on the bench... In short I dont know...

New injectors are great, once I get some tunes set up for them I will give a more in depth opinion.

Just a thought...
Tried ohming out the ipr coil?

No, but I honestly dont believe its the coil, this IPR is only a year old, and other then right at start up it doesnt have any issues. Even at cold starts this is not an "issue" as much as a question I have.

mandkole

Reaction score
Your DC% gets low fast for as cold as the oil is. Mine will start at 16-17% and slowly go down over the next 5-10 mins as the oil begins to warm. (It eventually levels out at about 11% on most tunes but will get as low at 9.7% on some.) I run the ICP/DC monitor all the time--I can look at the DC and almost know the relative temp of the oil if the truck has sat awhile.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats how my scan gauge is almost always set up, unless I am looking for something strange.

But you can see my scan gauge is fubared as well. Within 5 minutes of starting you can hardly read the gauge... Not complaining, I've had it for going on 6 years. Just need to break down and replace it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm still not sure how the hell you drive that thing with all those damn gauges to look at. LOL LOL

Ever flown in a cockpit? Or driven a Tractor? Only one's that I "watch" are the EGT gauges. Others I can see out of my peripherals... Also they have warning lights if something gets out of whack...

Latest posts

Members online