If it were your money....

Reaction score
My truck most likely needs a new motor. Leaning towards the infamous cracked piston. Truck will be going to Rudys for a new block with all the fixins. While it's there I figure I might as well put some fun stuff on it, because stock is no fun. Truck is not a daily driver, but is used predominantly for towing/hauling so driveability needs to be maintained. Not shorting for crazy horsepower. Looking to see what people have run that use there trucks to tow. All in after the motor I'd like to stay within 5 to 7k. Let's hear some ideas:pint:

Last edited:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Leave it stock fuel and slap on a set of 59/76 Elite Jr High Powers. You can still tow heavy and will have a blast when your not towing. Fast spooling turbos that can provide super low egt's while towing and having a blast on the street is hard to beat.

sootie

Reaction score
air air air.

throw the no limit catalogue on it as well as a ported intake manifold.

Jr high powers are a great idea like jerry said.

if those were too much money, you could do a large atmo charger 71-76mm and it would still be plenty of power and a lot of fun.

set aside some coin for a trans though...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would say do whatever you can possible now. Doing stuff twice sucks. If I can be of any help let me know.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The no limit piping is not even a option. It's a must.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Reaction score
I would say do whatever you can possible now. Doing stuff twice sucks. If I can be of any help let me know.

The no limit product line will definitely be going in. I've considered an atmo, but depending on cost I may go with the Jr's. Would like to be as easy on the trans as possible, but I know once power comes into play it's pretty much inevitable. What kind of power would I be ball park running the Jr high powers on stock fuel with the no limit catalog? Keep the ideas coming, just what I'm looking for

sootie

Reaction score
with good tuning like gearhead, you should be 7xx with hp jrs

HOOV3R

Reaction score
76/59, studs, pushrods, valve springs, ported intake, 6L manis and hd upipes, airdog and fuel bowl delete, and No Limit bling.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
76/59, studs, pushrods, valve springs, ported intake, 6L manis and hd upipes, airdog and fuel bowl delete, and No Limit bling.

I'll have this done hopefully finished by next Friday. If she runs right and my trans feels up to it I'll dyno it and post results as quick as possible. I found a dyno about 1.5 hrs from me

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

johnp115

Reaction score
I'll have this done hopefully finished by next Friday. If she runs right and my trans feels up to it I'll dyno it and post results as quick as possible. I found a dyno about 1.5 hrs from me

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

Make a pass on the track. Trap speed is a way better result than a dyno number IMO

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I know where the drag strip is. That's a lot easier and cheaper. Test and tune on Friday nights. Idk if trans will take a launch in 4hi though being stock

Thomas Edison.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea it'll take it, but just for a lil while. I launched mine several times and its still running decent but I do have to get one soon, stock trans won't like big fuel and air

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Good. I got a mechainc that works for the company I'm employeed with that has a 7.3 with like a 96mm turbo I wanna race.

Thomas Edison.

Crack85

Reaction score
Good. I got a mechainc that works for the company I'm employeed with that has a 7.3 with like a 96mm turbo I wanna race.

Thomas Edison.

lol. Don't think that will be a contest with ur mods

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I hope not. I have a reputation to up hold. It was loosing to a d-max that made me go all out like this in the first place. Lol. He's at the top of my hit list. Stinking light arse Chevys.

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Sorry for the derail. I'll quit now

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
My truck most likely needs a new motor. Leaning towards the infamous cracked piston. Truck will be going to Rudys for a new block with all the fixins. While it's there I figure I might as well put some fun stuff on it, because stock is no fun. Truck is not a daily driver, but is used predominantly for towing/hauling so driveability needs to be maintained. Not shorting for crazy horsepower. Looking to see what people have run that use there trucks to tow. All in after the motor I'd like to stay within 5 to 7k. Let's hear some ideas:pint:

And just for the funnies. Lol. I do respect what you do for a living. Be safe my friend

aranu4ed.jpg

Thomas Edison.

Latest posts

Members online