In dash nav stereos

bad moose

Reaction score
I know nothing about stereo systems let alone nav systems. My wife has had two vehicles with factory vav systems and me likey. I have an 03 King Ranch and have learned with a little modification that it can be done. So X-mas is comming up and I want one. I just want to get the right one the first time. So which ones are the best. I would like to stick in the $800 range, which I think is reasonable for what I want.

Here's one that I like, with my limited knowledge, I think this is a fairly good one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Clarion...?id=1218323019387&skuId=2363646&st=navigation radios&cp=1&lp=5

bad moose

Reaction score
That's just it I literally don't know anything about these things. So I haven't really looked at any specific brands. I am going to start with what yous guys suggest and why you suggest it. Not trying to be a pain, just wanting the best for my money. With the knowledge you guys are giving me.

skew12

Reaction score
Another vote for pioneer here. Had my 3100 for 3 years now and no problems. Though I wouldn't mind upgrading to a model with Bluetooth, GPS, and a bigger screen.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Ive had both Pioneer and Kenwoods. Each have their strong points and I would not hesitate to go with either one of them again.

FWIW, in my experience the Kenwoods navigation and directions are better.

bad moose

Reaction score
What are the benefits of each? What makes one better than the others?

I have had a Kenwood in my jeep, it held up well. I liked it. I have also had a Blapunkt and it was good also.

I don't know what to look for. More than likely I will not change from factory speakers if that helps. Nav., Sirius Sat, and Ipod are the functions that I want to use.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
pioneer 920bt

built in bluetooth, nav, dvd, ipod. if you want satelite radio all it needs is a module.

got one for sale right now

bad moose

Reaction score
Ok, next stupid question can I do the install myself? or am I better off leaving it to the pro's? I have installed radios before never thought it was that hard, just had to get the adapter right the first time.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Radios are super easy to install. You just get a harness and wire it to the one with the radio and plug it in really.

Also if you get a pioneer and want xm let me know. I have the xm receiver for pioneer radios from my radio that got stolen and it's got a new wiring harness also since the last one was cut that im not using I'm willing to sell

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.