In dash nav stereos

Agjake11

Reaction score
and to add with the harnesses the wires will match most of the time color wise. it was harder to wire up an adapter to fit my 04 plug and an 05 stock connector cuz the colors were off ford to aftermarket

mortal798

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer AVIC D3, and I love it. I had an AVIC N3 before this one and loved it too. Only difference really is the N3 has a flip screen with adjustable tilt, and the D3 is double DIN size.

G Racing

Reaction score
Installed this one the other night pioneer 4200

0b5a408c.jpg

bad moose

Reaction score
I stopped and started to ask questions today. I kind of found out they all are great. As I narrowed down what I primarily wanted for, navigation, found that Kenwood was the best for that due to the Garmin partnership. I know I like the nave in the Ford's (microsoft) and I also like the navi in the wife's Nissan of which I have no idea what it is. So is there any Microsoft navi radios? If not I am probaly going with a Kenwood DNX6180. I learned about the speed also and Kenwood is noticably slower, but how much do you really notice it?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I stopped and started to ask questions today. I kind of found out they all are great. As I narrowed down what I primarily wanted for, navigation, found that Kenwood was the best for that due to the Garmin partnership. I know I like the nave in the Ford's (microsoft) and I also like the navi in the wife's Nissan of which I have no idea what it is. So is there any Microsoft navi radios? If not I am probaly going with a Kenwood DNX6180. I learned about the speed also and Kenwood is noticably slower, but how much do you really notice it?
I've always had good luck with kenwood and pioneer so I doubt you could go wrong with either. Where did you go to look at em? I need to shop around after I get tags for the dually and my 250 sold.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I love my Pioneer AVIC-X930BT. Blue tooth, and navigation, and iPod control is flawless, and the video bypass couldn't be easier. The Pandora app is another cool feature with the Pioneer units.

bad moose

Reaction score
I've always had good luck with kenwood and pioneer so I doubt you could go wrong with either. Where did you go to look at em? I need to shop around after I get tags for the dually and my 250 sold.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Look into Crutchfield.com It looks like it would save a bunch.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Look into Crutchfield.com It looks like it would save a bunch.

Be careful with the Crutchfield route, up front it appears that you are getting a break but if you start factoring all the extras, e.g. wiring harness, steering wheel interface, etc.. They mark the small stuff up and get you in the end.
Sonic Electronix can offer some decent deals but unless they are running a special plan on spending the same that crutchfield fetches. I ended up saving about $100 just by finding the pioneer nav unit i wanted on sale at Best buy. I purchased the accessories I needed seperately thru amazon and saved a total of almost $200 soup to nuts compared to what Crutchfield wanted for the exact package. Installed myself and saved about another $150.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
I know nothing about stereo systems let alone nav systems. My wife has had two vehicles with factory vav systems and me likey. I have an 03 King Ranch and have learned with a little modification that it can be done. So X-mas is comming up and I want one. I just want to get the right one the first time. So which ones are the best. I would like to stick in the $800 range, which I think is reasonable for what I want.

Here's one that I like, with my limited knowledge, I think this is a fairly good one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Clarion...?id=1218323019387&skuId=2363646&st=navigation radios&cp=1&lp=5
i Have a pioneer also..LOVE it..it s the new bluetooth double din unit, and i think i paid around 500-600

Snake

Reaction score
I bought mine several years ago and ended up with a Kenwood. I compared it to the Pioneer and went with the Kenwood because I liked the way the nav was configured / displayed and the fact that it was easier and less expensive to update. Still happy with mine after 4-5 years and would definitely buy another.

bad moose

Reaction score
Just dropped the order for a Kenwood dnx6180 today. Should get it next monday. Do I need anything extra for the install. I got the dash kit, wiring adapter, ipod cable, and sirius kit.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Sony.... :shrug:

The link below is what I have but, I use my phone for navigation because I have google maps on there. Comes with front and rear aux, usb, ipod, dvd, sat radio, and sense me, bluetooth, and a few extras that are pretty cool. You can command the functions by using different strokes on the screen and I like the ipod function the best.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666269908

dasboot

Reaction score
real men, especialy if you were in the Army, don't need a nav system. You should be able to read a road map or instinct.

bad moose

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Sony.... :shrug:

The link below is what I have but, I use my phone for navigation because I have google maps on there. Comes with front and rear aux, usb, ipod, dvd, sat radio, and sense me, bluetooth, and a few extras that are pretty cool. You can command the functions by using different strokes on the screen and I like the ipod function the best.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666269908

You know, I never found a Sony in my searching. Nor did anybody ever mention them on either of my two threads. Now that you mention it that does seem odd.

Latest posts

Members online