Independent Injector Comparison

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
that is awesome, thanks for the video, it goes to show that you can a mod a injector all you want but without bigger nozzles its a waste to mod them,

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Is it 2.46 ms that is the minimum time to empty a 175.75% injector?
If not, what is it, compared to how much time it takes a stock nozzle 175 to empty?

Or is the 2.46 ms what it takes to empty a stock 6.0 injector, so you're showing how much more fuel the 175/75% flows in the same time?

Testing 7.3 injectors is very similar. It doesn't help the tuners much to just flow them wideopen. They want to know minimum time required to empty them. If you have more pw than needed, performance actually suffers, or at least is not optimized. The injector would just sit there doign nothing.

I don't know the 6.0 injector flow rates, but based on that video, it's easy to understand a longer pw would allow the 175/stock nozzle injector to flow EXACTLY the same rate as the one next to it with a larger nozzle.

Pretty sure that's what the intent was. ???

Thanks for posting the vid.

T_HOFFR11

Reaction score
Huh?? What does this mean? Are these the sizes you offer injectors to be made into?

people were wondering what size nozzles we used on some of our larger injectors. If you guys have any particular size that you have any questions about just send me a PM

windrunner408

Reaction score
Oh yea I forgot too (got all tied up in the discussions). Thanks Jared and RCD for the video. It is good to be able to confirm theory with real world, no kidding, what will happen to dispel of any myths and/or misconceptions.

I dont suppose we could see a video with say a 175/75 next to a 175/100 next to a 190/75 and a 190/100 could we?? I know it is a long shot but I have heard that hardly nothing is gained by using 100% nozzles on a 175 injector over 75% nozzles. Not sure how to take that really. Would just really like to see 175s next to 190s.

Thanks again for video. Great Job!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Oh yea I forgot too (got all tied up in the discussions). Thanks Jared and RCD for the video. It is good to be able to confirm theory with real world, no kidding, what will happen to dispel of any myths and/or misconceptions.

I dont suppose we could see a video with say a 175/75 next to a 175/100 next to a 190/75 and a 190/100 could we?? I know it is a long shot but I have heard that hardly nothing is gained by using 100% nozzles on a 175 injector over 75% nozzles. Not sure how to take that really. Would just really like to see 175s next to 190s.

Thanks again for video. Great Job!

this.

Garrett

svilla

Reaction score
I dont suppose we could see a video with say a 175/75 next to a 175/100 next to a 190/75 and a 190/100 could we??

I would like the same, please. I am getting really to buy injectors in a month or so. The data would help.

Seriously, thank you for running the test and posting the video.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
what is the nozzle size of a stock 6.0l injector?

its stock... all these percentages 75%, 100% 150% are all flow percentages OVER stock... so if you really want to get technical, stock nozzles are 0% nozzles LOL

dwall

Reaction score
a larger injector on a stock injector will still flow the same amount, it will just do it quicker.

Yeh I am running 250/100s and I am trying to figure out how long it would take to empty the injector. If I knew the size of the nozzle I could figure out exactly how big of a nozzle I needed to do what I want to do.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
a larger nozzel on a stock injector will still flow the same amount, it will just do it quicker.

Yeh I am running 250/100s and I am trying to figure out how long it would take to empty the injector. If I knew the size of the nozzle I could figure out exactly how big of a nozzle I needed to do what I want to do.

Fixed it for ya

lubeowner

Reaction score
I find this stuff funny. You are all such sheep, any vendor can come on in here, give you 50% of the information you need to make a true decision and you all want to follow them to the new greener pasture. Then you go all over the forums and tell everyone what they should buy, just plain sad. Most of you have no clue what you just saw and have no idea how much you don't know.

WOW maybe I should find some old dyno sheets and post them proving that modded injector with stock nozzles make more power. I will have to take a scissors and cut the graph off at 2500 rpms or so. That should be all the info you need to get the point, heck that is more then 50% of the data. It is just that all the data in 2500 rpms and up show a little different effect then what I would want you to see. But you would all see a 50 or so hp gain in what I would show you.

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you have a window for fuel delivery. And that exact window leaves a short amount of time or a larger nozzel would be the key and the stock injector wouldn't need to be modified. Maybe it is me but I wish we could figure out what each companies injector flows. I really get sick of company "a" injectors are 190cc but they heavy on fuel and are more like 205cc. Seems accuracy would be a selling point. If they are 155.175.190 etc have a variance of +/- and stick to it. If your injectors flow more call them that. 196cc injectors.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I find this stuff funny. You are all such sheep, any vendor can come on in here, give you 50% of the information you need to make a true decision and you all want to follow them to the new greener pasture. Then you go all over the forums and tell everyone what they should buy, just plain sad. Most of you have no clue what you just saw and have no idea how much you don't know.

WOW maybe I should find some old dyno sheets and post them proving that modded injector with stock nozzles make more power. I will have to take a scissors and cut the graph off at 2500 rpms or so. That should be all the info you need to get the point, heck that is more then 50% of the data. It is just that all the data in 2500 rpms and up show a little different effect then what I would want you to see. But you would all see a 50 or so hp gain in what I would show you.

What other info do we need? Isn't the only other variable not listed the ICP he used for the test? That is a serious question not some smart ass jab.

strokin6L

Reaction score
hasnt it been said that a stock injector is about 135cc but the nozzle limits it to only flow about 100cc of fuel under stock tuning? Just wondering if anyone who knows or heard this can elaborate more on it...thanks.

Latest posts

Members online