Info on MTW Hybrid turbo

rodslinger07

Reaction score
Just wandering if any of y'all have ran MTW hybrid on your trucks and want to know how y'all like it? Had any problems? What size injectors and does it clear them up good? I've got a welding rig and was thinking bout going with this turbo and 175/30 Warren. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I just installed mine. Stock sticks,tunes coming. Injectors waiting 175/75. Cannot comment as I have less than 100 miles right now. But it seems to pull harder than a stock truck.

rodslinger07

Reaction score
Well let me know how it does when you get everything installed. Does it sound like an 03 turbo? Thanks man.

JGman141

Reaction score
That turbo uses the 13 blade turbine wheel so it dosnt have the whistle of the 03 10 bladed one. You can request Adrian to build it using one though.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I has a different sound, quieter than a 38r on a 7.3. But has the wierd low pitch sound of the 38r, just not real loud. Deffinitely sounds different out the tailpipe also. It will be summer before the rest of the stuff gets in. Need to do studs, etc before I drop in the injectors.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Alright, here's my feedback on the hybrid. I've been running it with my 190/75's since this past august. Suprisingly, it runs really clean, but hot. My hybrid was one of the first hybrids Adrian built, so therefore it has no tweeks done to the turbine side. Since then Adrian has changed things with the turbine side of it so that it will run cooler and have lower BP. He actually made a mistake making mine...he forgot to change out the 10 blade turbine wheel for the 13 blade wheel...so mine whistles fairly loud. Here's a vid of it at idle with a little throttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFiLSpMpAxM&list=UUEQuvUJbouVmgNZOmj3uN7g
This spring the hybrid will be stepped up to Adrian's billet stage 3

Last edited:

rodslinger07

Reaction score
Sounds damn good man and I appreciate the feedback. My truck is a work truck the truck weighs 14k and it pulls a fifth wheel 35ft camper that weighs 13k and I just want a good turbo to clean up the 175/30 injectors. How does the hybrid compare to a powermax?

bboteler

Reaction score
i think in another post they were saying that 175 and up you need atleast a stage 2. That being said I have 175's w/stock nozzles and had some custom work done to my stock turbo at a great local shop, I'm currently running IDP's x-street and I can't get more than a haze at WOT and temps are never above 1100. Just my $.02

strokin6L

Reaction score
You can run 175's no problem....just have some fuel pulled. I towed about 6K lbs with my old style hybrid with 190/75's no problem.

amarillo250

Reaction score
I pulled my 36ft. 12k fith whell camper with 180-75% injectors and the powermax, NOT good.
There is some real good info on the .org about the MTW or even better talk to Shawn on here or Adrian direct. Both guys are awesome to talk with and you get the best info first hand.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If you guys need any info on the Hybrid or any other MTW turbo we are more than willing to help out. I'm currently running the first Hybrid built on my truck. On Eric's Xtreme X tune the trucks pulls insanely hard for having stock injectors and fuel delivery. It cleans up completely at WOT and runs around 1350* on the floor in 80*+ weather @ 31-32psi. Again, this is the original Hybrid with NO turbine side mods. Hopefully in a couple weeks this turbo will come off and get a modded version and a bit more fuel. Should be interesting.

rodslinger07

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information guys. This really helps me on making my decision. Gonna order my hybrid and injectors today. Adrian said I'll prolly be in the 500 HP range with this setup. Can't wait to get all this done. What do y'all recommend on fuel delivery? Fass or AD II?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Haven't ran a A1000, but most guys that are running them...don't like them because they are loud and switched to the fuelab. I run a fuelab pump and love it. You can also keep the stock pump and run a airdog150 or low pressure FASS feeding the stock pump.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Haven't ran a A1000, but most guys that are running them...don't like them because they are loud and switched to the fuelab. I run a fuelab pump and love it. You can also keep the stock pump and run a airdog150 or low pressure FASS feeding the stock pump.

Fuel Lab works great too. The A1000's seem to be what all the cool kids are running currently. I still have to decide between an A1000 or Fuel Lab for my truck.

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
If you guys need any info on the Hybrid or any other MTW turbo we are more than willing to help out. I'm currently running the first Hybrid built on my truck. On Eric's Xtreme X tune the trucks pulls insanely hard for having stock injectors and fuel delivery. It cleans up completely at WOT and runs around 1350* on the floor in 80*+ weather @ 31-32psi. Again, this is the original Hybrid with NO turbine side mods. Hopefully in a couple weeks this turbo will come off and get a modded version and a bit more fuel. Should be interesting.

So is the hybrid a worthwhile upgrade with noticeable gains from stock sticks and fuel? Or would I be better off waiting to do sticks turbo and fuel?
My truck is studded, 4" turbo back, Egr delete and srl+. Everything else stock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.