injector?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I installed the fpx line from riffraff and it did quiet it down a ton. Now its quiet enough to hear other noises i couldnt before. Now i have what i believe is injector noise that sounds lime your rubbing two butter knives together wile cruising and not under the load. Any idea what this might be or is it normal?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not sure but its brand new outa the package motorcraft. Jus put in a couple weeks ago. This noise just started after i put the fpx or it was there and i couldnt hear it then

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it started after a couple of the thrashings i gave it on the road after i got my up pipe gaskets sealed up and the new ic boots put on. The fpx is like a regulated return.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I have no idea. Maybe a sticky injector? Have you looked into rev-x? That stuff is supposed to help issues like that

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I barrowed a scanner to see if anything was out of the norm and other than a week sounding buz test on the #8 injector everything passed.... any perameter i should look at?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Last week i took the truck to my cousins and we took the valve covers off and found another bent pushrod.... so i put it back together and drove it and it still made the funky noise.... this weekend home i took the drivers side cover off again and took all the rockers off and pushrods out. All straight but as i was there putting the last rocker on the ballbearing just fell out.. the clip on the rocker was way loose so i put a different one on.. also got a half to three quarter turn on my up pipe colector bolts.. then noticed that one of the fuel lines were rubbing on the steel fuel lines so i moved that.... so one of those things i changed mad the noise go away... runs smooth and quiet now... just have to replace the drivers side exhaust manifold cuz i see its leaking black soot all over the block .....

Latest posts

Members online