Injectors

Reaction score
So I heard a little bit about these Farmers injectors that are supposed to flow 650+ cc of fuel. I tried doing a little research on them and they the general consensus is the guy is a joke, but then others are all for the guy and think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Is there any other information on these injectors? Im not planning on running these but am just curious on others(hotrodtracotor) opinions.

What are the flaws with the injectors? Why are other shops not using similar ideas of reduced ratio injection to produce more volume. I know hrt has a prototype set that are similar that he built. Why dont some of the other shops not work together with Farmers to perfect these high volume injectors. Seems to me like if perfected these injectors could push the 7.3 over 1k on fuel.

Mainly im just curious about this idea/design and how these injectors could change the ol 7.3l performance.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Nobody one here like farmers so my guess is they will make this thread a joke....But hopefully im wrOng and some good info gets brought up.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The injector you are referring to is a Double D. I have never personally ran one or seen one in a truck, but I have seen data logs and flow charts. I wouldnt consider them unless you have a built motor.

I realize a lot of guys don't like Michael Farmer, but regardless of how he started or anything else, he is building a quality injector.

I have ran 3 of the bigger name injectors out there, and honestly can say my Farmers Hybrids impressed me.

I am willing to refund anyones money and eat the cost of the injector if they install them and are unhappy with results. Ive installed 10+ sets of these in the short period I have been a dealer for Michael and every customer leaves with a perma smile.
The sureflow is the most impressive of them all.

Homesteader

Reaction score
I hear alot of good things about Mike Farmer. People will always have there opinion. Who knows I might even run his injectors. Only time will tell.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have no issue with the product... If it works...

Right now he does not have a set out there with more then 20k on them...

I have an issue with the man and his ways of getting started in the business.

The one set of sureflows (what ever they are) I drove around had a cold idle issue that never did get resolved. However no one will admit to that... LOL

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If there is a cold idle issue, they need to be sent back. Michael takes care of his customers like brothers.

I have installed numerous sets of stage 1s, 2s, hybrids, sureflows from him and without any tuning or other tweaks, the truck ran cooler and idle more crisp. Just my personal experience

Reaction score
I want to know more about the double D injector line. What do they flow? Why are there not more trucks running these injectors for all out hp applications?

Im not necessarily interested in the sureflows because the level of hp they will support has already been reached by our current injectors, but more of the new designed double D injector line, that is supposed to be capable up much more fuel than anything else on the market.

And furthermore i dont care about how he came into business or who doesnt like him, but purely about the injectors. I dont know enough about the guy to have an opinion on him, but i know alot of people dont like him. I just want to know about these injectors.

Last edited:

Wackerjr

Reaction score
there is not going to be much info posted about internals and such....

and the DD line is a HUGE injector... Very close in what is being run in WOPS lightning....

This is not new technology folks... just a different take on thing...

HMax has their version....

HRT has his

Farmer has his...

I have experiance with both HMax and Farmer..... and for the money.... I will run farmers injects in my ride from here on out....

if you don't have a built motor then don't waste your time with a 600cc injector....

He can build what ever spec you would like... 300/400 400/400 600/400... etc etc.... I have spent probably 100+ hours on the phone... Micheal Farmer gets it... period the end....

I am happy with mine.... my truck has a cold start as well.... but I know for a fact it isnt the injector... I have a IDM problem... my truck did it before the injectors and have been fighting it for some time.... I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt the other truck mentioned in this thread is having issues because of an injector..... it is tuning, IDM, Glowplugs etc almost 99.999999% of the time.... just the wrong guy diagnosing the problem.....

Think of it this way you got a 90cc injector in the cylinder... lets just for the sake of argument everything is the same... now you put a 180cc injector in the same hole.... double the fuel, veh is going to white smoke etc without having the tuning backed off to compensate.....

Period the end.....

IMO Farmer started just like the rest of us asking questions etc then eventually working on them himself..... the stuff he is doing is not being done by anyone else..... yet.....

and his are marketable... and for sale... not just a rumor....

Pick you r pony... but mine is Mike.

oh and FYI I have always been a staunch advocate for new injectors, unmolested in my vehicles... and actually did not want these sureflows in my truck....had originally intended to put them in and get the magazine article done and pull them for some stock ac's......

guess what... Mike changed that line of thinking for me... and these are not coming out.... I like the idle, I like the fuel mileage gain, and I flat MURDER 2 other trucks out here with similar setups.... I have a feeling with air I am going to be damn near smoke free to.....

but just a warning... he is not in the "other camp" my injectors are currently running 3800psi... and working out some kinks with the tuner (read waiting to get him in the seat to bump them to 4200) and they perform flawlessly...
(mine were on the bench to 5500 psi... not floating poppets like always has been posted)....

I can go on for days.... but the moral of the story is this... you aren't going to get any info on these but bad info because only a few are running them to date.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So I heard a little bit about these Farmers injectors that are supposed to flow 650+ cc of fuel. I tried doing a little research on them and they the general consensus is the guy is a joke, but then others are all for the guy and think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Is there any other information on these injectors? Im not planning on running these but am just curious on others(hotrodtracotor) opinions.

What are the flaws with the injectors? Why are other shops not using similar ideas of reduced ratio injection to produce more volume. I know hrt has a prototype set that are similar that he built. Why dont some of the other shops not work together with Farmers to perfect these high volume injectors. Seems to me like if perfected these injectors could push the 7.3 over 1k on fuel.

Mainly im just curious about this idea/design and how these injectors could change the ol 7.3l performance.

My opinion on a product shouldn't matter. Do your best to educate yourself on all the options and make the best decision for yourself. I've posted before in another thread about these injectors, and I do not intend on posting again about them. A little search should be able to find those posts for you.

Nobody one here like farmers so my guess is they will make this thread a joke....But hopefully im wrOng and some good info gets brought up.

I can't and won't deny my distaste for Farmer the person. For anyone that doesn't know he is the subject of this PSN thread: http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48139 With posts about people like that it shouldn't be of any wonder why no one posts any real details about injector function and improvement anymore. I don't need to be "read like a Chilton's manual" to improve someone else's business.

Jason

joebob3093

Reaction score
Mine is the other cold issue engine, I can't remember if it was like this before the sureflows or not but I'm thinking its a tuning issue. With the last updated tunes I got it ran alot better cold.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Mine is the other cold issue engine, I can't remember if it was like this before the sureflows or not but I'm thinking its a tuning issue. With the last updated tunes I got it ran alot better cold.

Next time you have a chance... Buzz the injectors... while you have your head between the valve covers and listen.....

I am about 75% certain you will hear a faint buzzing of both sides of the motor when it should be only firing one injector.....

let me know what you find out.... I have been working on this with 6 different trucks and 6 different setup from stock to modded and am finding that is is electrical related in more than one vehicle... either grounding, or Bad IDM's.....

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm really interested in how some people can run 4000+ psi in their injectors and some can't.... If I can run 5000 psi, please sign me up.

BTW, I don't have an issue with Farmer's. I DID have one, and I called Mike up and had some words with him, and after that, I had a decent conversation with him. I don't agree with some things, but it is obvious that he has spent some time around an HEUI injector.

Diesel Innovations

Latest posts

Members online