installing my injectors....

TyCorr

Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the truck since the swap? Is it still low on power?

It should only haze at idle for the first few miles/heat cycle. If you have a haze at warm idle and you have ten miles or so on it I am gonna bet you have a injector that isn't seated all the way.

Thats what it sounds like to me...

The thick white smoke he was talking about...He lives in FL....its not THAT cold down there where he'd be having steam like we do up north. I get thick white exhaust but its all steam, like when you exhale.

Cory S

Reaction score
do you have AE? ill be in our neck of the woods this weekend or monday picking up my truck from doug if you want me to bring AE down

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
It was said in a previous post to use some :shrug:

I would have used fresh oil but I didnt have any atm... I have a feeling I ****ed up huh? ...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
You dont need anti seize. Make sure you spray WD 40 on the injector or dip it in oil before you install, makes getting them seated fairly easy!

^ this post...

I don't think its a torn oring, I think its old dirty oil. Well see tomorrow when I change it. It's seems to be running much better after the little run I had today. But it did kinda fall on its face.

Arisley

Reaction score
How much did you pay for the injectors. Don't cheap out by not running fresh oil.

When I did my injectors, I changed the oil before the initial start, and then I changed the oil after about 100 miles or so.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I mentioned using WD40. I have done that on probably 10 injectors change outs now, never had an issue.

Fresh motor oil is another great option, but i dont think WD40 is whats causing issues

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
How much did you pay for the injectors. Don't cheap out by not running fresh oil.

When I did my injectors, I changed the oil before the initial start, and then I changed the oil after about 100 miles or so.

I paid a fair amount lol, I would have ran fresh oil during inital start up but when I went to get the oil / filter every card was declined :/

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I need my truck to get to work, I've barely put 60 miles on it since. I literally live 2 miles from my compound

woodduck97

Reaction score
Who built the injectors and what size? Were you noticing a take off problem before you installed the new injectors? Also did you change tunes and injectors at the same time?

To me it almost sounds like you have a o ring problem. Since it is falling on its face. As you say. Maybe try to take a video of this take off problem so we can veiw what is going on...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
They are swamps 175/30s. Best way I can explain it, if feels and sounds like its misfiring on take off, its chugs

Latest posts

Members online