installing my injectors....

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just watched a video I sent to someone. Mine in a stock tune is 750-850. High idle is 950ish. But my high idle is set at 1400 rpms.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have a spare idm that throws that code yet it idles and runs fine. It is time for the vc's to come back off.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Also another note. It did this before the injector swap. Sometimes it won't start after I shut it down, it'll just crank

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Also another note. It did this before the injector swap. Sometimes it won't start after I shut it down, it'll just crank

That right there is a partially failed IDM. I have gone round and round and round trying to track down that issue, truck wont start all day... then randomly the next day it starts and runs great for weeks.

IDM issue for sure

The 400psi though, is definitely another issue. Id guess injector O-ring issue or IPR issue

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
That's what im hoping. Odp doesn't have anymore idms so I'm going to have to keep looking.

Is anyone interested in a e99 van turbo? Lol

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well I swaped a different idm in and it runs much smoother but still has a miss. I'm going to drop the truck off to Doug and let him **** with it before I mess it up any worse then it is

golfer

Reaction score
IDM codes don't mean that it 'is' an IDM problem....

the code could be anything related to the IDM & with what it communicates...or connects to.

PCM, wiring, injectors, (even low battery voltage)etc...can all cause "IDM codes"..but have nothing to do with the IDM itself being bad. 9 out of 10 'bad' IDM's don't show a code at all, LOL...they will show HTL side open/or circuit codes...with a CEL, and a dead miss/dead bank, etc.

no CEL/SES light? < means injs & chit are plugged in and there is good electrical continuity to/from the injs...

the miss (without a CEL/SES) is going to be a mechanical issue with an injector, or possibly a problem with the engine/cylinder itself.

truck ran fine before the injector swap on the original IDM?

Latest posts

Members online