Intercoolers

juniort444e

Reaction score
Who's are you running and why.

I have a stock one in my 2001, and want to upgrade. But before I do, I want to find out which one's you guys like more for the money.

So far all i have found was one from WOP for $1700, looks nice, but kind of pricey. I know the 6.0 is a good one to run as well.

And lastely, do i need different boots and intercooler pipes to make the intercooler work.

golfer

Reaction score
Who's are you running and why.

I have a stock one in my 2001, and want to upgrade. But before I do, I want to find out which one's you guys like more for the money.

So far all i have found was one from WOP for $1700, looks nice, but kind of pricey. I know the 6.0 is a good one to run as well.

And lastely, do i need different boots and intercooler pipes to make the intercooler work.

with your inj & turbo combination...I'd pass on the 6L 'cooler...plastic end tanks + >40psi doesn't work for very long.

..not sure why you want an aftermarket IC...but the Hypermax Tapercore is super nice.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I want a different one because my stock one has plastic end tanks. And I'm getting new boots and don't want to spend money twice on new boots if the intercooler doesn't use the same size.

And i want to help my egt's as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jngreen

Reaction score
you can find a cast end tanked 7.3 cooler for 150-200 dollars, or Mishimoto makes all aluminum 6.0 "performance" intercooler for 550-600 bucks.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I have seen some guys running the Mishimoto. They look nice, and where can i get one.

And I will try and find the Hellman one as well. You guys have a price range on those.

Didnt notice RifRaf had one, but i will look again.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I have seen some guys running the Mishimoto. They look nice, and where can i get one.

And I will try and find the Hellman one as well. You guys have a price range on those.

Didnt notice RifRaf had one, but i will look again.

Riffraff doesn't make one but sells mishimoto there was a link till some one deleted it....... :doh: PSN much?

juniort444e

Reaction score
Yea, i figured that was a link. A mod deleted that. They dont care that we talk about Riffraff, but i remember them saying no links. I found it tho. Not a bad price. How does the intercooler pipes match up. Do they need to be modified at all, and is it pretty much a direct fit.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
It's a direct fit might need to bend your trans cooler line a little and depends on what size boots you have now. But if your getting all new boots anyways then yes direct fit. Riffraff has some very nice boots to.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I was planning on buying their boots anyway, so i might drop the coin and get the Mishimoto.

Now i debating if i should get pink boots, or blank.

jngreen

Reaction score
Riffraff is a free loading pos. he won't sponsor a site and has all his little cronies pimp his crap so he doesnt have to pay site fees.

I bought a used 7.3 intercooler from the guy before he started his business. He seemed like a really good person, and a good guy to do business with. I'm not sure why he doesn't sponsor on this site or PSN, but I doubt he tells his loyal customers to pimp his crap for free just because he is too cheap to sponsor. I think there must be other reasons.

I think the fact that he has so many cronies, speaks that he takes care of them. I will admit that he has good prices on some stuff, and he must have good customer service, or people would really be talking **** about him. His customers probably make him look bad at times.

Wicked

Reaction score
I bought a used 7.3 intercooler from the guy before he started his business. He seemed like a really good person, and a good guy to do business with. I'm not sure why he doesn't sponsor on this site or PSN, but I doubt he tells his loyal customers to pimp his crap for free just because he is too cheap to sponsor. I think there must be other reasons.

I think the fact that he has so many cronies, speaks that he takes care of them. I will admit that he has good prices on some stuff, and he must have good customer service, or people would really be talking **** about him. His customers probably make him look bad at times.

I think his reason for not sponsoring is his prices are really low. I know for the engine rebuild kit I just got I tried to go through some sponsored vendors and they wanted at minimum $300+ more plus two times the amount to have the bowls' lip machined. Plus he didn't give me a "you need billet rods and girdle for a 550 hp setup that I have heard from another vendor... not going to name them."

Each person has their own business plan. RiffRaff's might be offer really low prices and see how it works instead of paying advertising fees to forums.

Any way I was actually interested in the Mishimoto I/C as well. I really want to know if it would lower EGTs around 100*

Reaction score
I'm buying a used DI intercooler right now. Can't wait to get it in the truck. I have an aluminum 7.3 IC right now, but just wanted something a little better.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
No Limit Intercooler will be coming out soon for the 6.0's....

The tapercore IC is really nice. It's a monster too

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
I think his reason for not sponsoring is his prices are really low. I know for the engine rebuild kit I just got I tried to go through some sponsored vendors and they wanted at minimum $300+ more plus two times the amount to have the bowls' lip machined. Plus he didn't give me a "you need billet rods and girdle for a 550 hp setup that I have heard from another vendor... not going to name them."

Each person has their own business plan. RiffRaff's might be offer really low prices and see how it works instead of paying advertising fees to forums.

Any way I was actually interested in the Mishimoto I/C as well. I really want to know if it would lower EGTs around 100*

I think the rock bottom prices are what you would call whoring out parts. Most of the long time sponsors realize it doesn't pay to work for nothing. :pointlaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.