It Took Me Long Enough...

Emery19

Reaction score
Lol what happened? Text me if you want to instead.. and did you get your scanguage back?

ill post it here, im sure people will get a kick out of it.

well i had to take the day off monday because i turned the car on monday and the oil light was on, pulled the dipstick and nothing showed. dumped a quart in, still wouldnt show. it was pouring, so i said screw it called my insurance company cuz i get free tow and had it dropped at subaru. they couldnt find any leaks, but to put it in perspective. i bought the car at 143K. monday it had almost 147k on it. I put almost a quart in it. they only dumped out 2 quarts out of the car. and it was very burnt and black and sludgey. I was told there was a fresh oil change on the car when I bought it. car holds 5 quarts of oil.. so that means i burnt off 4 quarts of oil in almost 4k miles? that doesnt seem possible. so now im just going to watch it and see what happens.

the funny story... yesterday i couldnt get into my drivers side door in themorning cuz it was frozen shut. I was able to get ino the passenger door, cranked the heat drove 5 minutes to the gas station to fill up. couldnt get out of my car. couldnt get out of my car an hour later at work, all the doors were frozen shut.. so i had to climb out my window, and roll the window up to my arm, pull the keys out of my igniciton and go into work until the locks thawed.. and i broke the handle on rear hatch.. so that makes 5 handles in the last 4 years between the ranger and the car.. something about gate handles and I dont get along. hahahah.

but yeah i got my scangauge. hurry up and make this thing dually.

dsberman94

Reaction score
That's actually pretty funny. I hate when my truck doors get frozen shut. I'm afraid I'm gonna break the handle off trying to open them from the outside. I can't believe you couldn't get out from the inside though. That's actually pretty funny.

Emery19

Reaction score
haha it was funny afterwards for sure. i was just glad i didnt really need gas when i went to the gas station. that would have been ridiculous LOL. i even had my team lead pulling on my door while i was pushing on it. needless to say i was the story of the office that day.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I doubt in this situation it would've helped, but when my locks freeze I take a lighter...or torch whichever is most handy to my key. Get it nice and warm and when you stick it in the lock it melts the ice in the tumblers and you can use your lock.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Well. Did the fist axle swap.... no dice. Too narrow. Got the correct one now and its in. After another big setback I'm just waiting on time to get my tires mounted. should be done by the weekend at the latest... here's the poke from the flatbed..... With just the axle swap. 235 tires.. and NO 2" spacer! Gonna be a wide b!tch!!

y7ehe6ab.jpg

Reaction score
Eah should've got new wheels too. Lol jk looks good man congrats

---Clayton Watts
2002 eclb 7.3- back in business /for sale
2000 Chevy cavalier- beater
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Drop your rear tire pressures to 40 lbs. Thats what I have always run in the rears of my dually even while towing and never had a squat issue unless I was going over rough nasty roads and in that case I would run 45psi. Just 5 psi Makes a world of difference to keep them from mushing around rough objects or pot holes. Also with 40psi it will keep the wear more evenly spread across the tire and not just the 2 inches in the center.

live life full throttle

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Eah should've got new wheels too. Lol jk looks good man congrats

---Clayton Watts
2002 eclb 7.3- back in business /for sale
2000 Chevy cavalier- beater
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

Want to pay for them? Lol thanks buddy.
maybe I'll get some sooner or later. Dually alcoad powder coated a gloss black... hmmmm

Drop your rear tire pressures to 40 lbs. Thats what I have always run in the rears of my dually even while towing and never had a squat issue unless I was going over rough nasty roads and in that case I would run 45psi. Just 5 psi Makes a world of difference to keep them from mushing around rough objects or pot holes. Also with 40psi it will keep the wear more evenly spread across the tire and not just the 2 inches in the center.

live life full throttle

Good idea. I'll do that after work. .might be towing an '03 2500 rclb chebby this weekend for my brother but I'll definitely drop it a bit

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Want to pay for them? Lol thanks buddy.
maybe I'll get some sooner or later. Dually alcoad powder coated a gloss black... hmmmm

Good idea. I'll do that after work. .might be towing an '03 2500 rclb chebby this weekend for my brother but I'll definitely drop it a bit

Might want to space the bed up some also. Any way you can do that at least 2 inches?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Probably not today... .... I'll see what I can do.. lol

Just spoke to my brother too. Either tonight or not this weekend at all. We'll see

10-4. I wouldn't put any load on it till you do. If the load makes your rear end start bouncing up and down it will destroy your tires.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online