Just about ready to hit the road

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mikes father. Sounds like the whole motor might be ***'d. Without having anything off it yet, motor does not build rail pressure. #3 valves are gone. Rockers in front of it moves when it is turned over... so either broken cam or II pump is gone. Pretty sure both heads are junk too also has a cam sensor code set. hoping the hp turbo survived, but I doubt it. :wtf: :cursing: Valve covers come off tomorrow after they get done with Mauls truck.

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mikes father. Sounds like the whole motor might be ***'d. Without having anything off it yet, motor does not build rail pressure. #3 valves are gone. Rockers in front of it moves when it is turned over... so either broken cam or II pump is gone. Pretty sure both heads are junk too also has a cam sensor code set. hoping the hp turbo survived, but I doubt it. :wtf: :cursing: Valve covers come off tomorrow after they get done with Mauls truck.

That sucks to hear buddy! Im thinkin I might have to go up and see your truck in person! Sounds like I may have a decent window to do so lol.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
While you are there, it needs a wash really bad. ha I have a place reserved Mike's shop for a while I bet.

Jhaddox

Reaction score

Ouch, that really sucks to hear

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Erik i just want you to know that it took two people to steer your truck into the shop LOL that thing is hard to turn when its dead

Sucks to hear about all of the broken parts...

davey99ps

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news man. I don't think I really ever heard the whole story behind the break down, what exactly happened if you don't mind me asking? Either way, your in good hands an I'm sure it'll get done right. Good luck

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Erik i just want you to know that it took two people to steer your truck into the shop LOL that thing is hard to turn when its dead

Sucks to hear about all of the broken parts...

It gets temperamental steering in parking lots running. Will have a hydro assist some day. I hate when you can't turn the wheel at all when parking.

Sorry to hear the bad news man. I don't think I really ever heard the whole story behind the break down, what exactly happened if you don't mind me asking? Either way, your in good hands an I'm sure it'll get done right. Good luck

Lost water, 230 or so, fixed it left for a 3hr drive with a sticking wg. thought it would be ok, it eventually lost power, blew out white smoke and died while coasting to a stop. Live and learn

TurboM700

Reaction score
It gets temperamental steering in parking lots running. Will have a hydro assist some day. I hate when you can't turn the wheel at all when parking.

Lost water, 230 or so, fixed it left for a 3hr drive with a sticking wg. thought it would be ok, it eventually lost power, blew out white smoke and died while coasting to a stop. Live and learn

That sounds like an expensive live and learn. Good luck I hope its not as bad as it sounds.

Mike

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That sounds like an expensive live and learn. Good luck I hope its not as bad as it sounds.

Mike

Yeah, I had no clue about what a sticking wt could do. Just thought if I didn't drive it hard it would be fine. Was educated the first call I made after. It is my first diesel..........

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well it was really hard to drive, laggy and egt's would get crazy if you took off hard at all. Stuck open then, that day it all of a sudden drove way better. It probably moved and stuck closed so it didn't bleed any pressure off like it is suppose too.

David S.

Reaction score
sorry to hear this bud, not good news at all. I know it's in good hands though thats for sure!

Latest posts

Members online