Just bought a non running 6.0 project!

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
We need to go check it out tomorrow. I havent even had a chance to see this thing yet. I will have the scanner tomorrow to check it out if you want.

java

Reaction score
Sorry I never called you yesterday, we got tied up with the picker guys and didn't have time.

java

Reaction score
It starts and runs good with the 58v FICM I had laying around the shop.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
So heres a quick recap: troy bought the truck for 1500 dollars on friday took it to mike (09stroker) and javas house where it sat untouched untill today. We put 2 batteries in it,put the charger on it and turned the key and it started right up and ran about 30 seconds. While we all stood in awe of what just happened.

Put AE on it and found low ficm voltage so we swapped in a known good tuned 58v ficm and it fired up after we primed the fuel bowl. Truck does have blow by, but sounds fine otherwise. We know it atleast goes into drive and reverse, but not sure how it drives, hell we don't even know it will run ok with a load on it.
All in all what we have is a running 03 6.0 with 128k on the odo that needs a little tlc.

This is about to turn into a build thread I'm sure lol

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
I really lucked out!!! I named the truck Lucky because i got lucky!! The plans are as of right now. New Bulletproof FICM, Bulletproof water pump, Fuel filters, fresh diesel lol, install wheels and tires. I also order 08 tail lights for it today off of ebay. The truck actually has 125,000 miles not 128,000. Future plans are body work and a new paint job, undercoating the frame and underside of it, leveled on 35/12.50/16s all terrains. Engine wise i want to freshin it up with new bearings and replace anything that looks worn on it and bore it out .20 over if the cylinder walls are scored. ill install a egr delete, studs, and gaskets, bigger turbo, injectors, coolant filter, air dog fuel, SCT with gearhead custom tunes. I want this truck to be a good daily driver and be able to pull my fifth wheel travel trailer around.

I need to find a 08 tailgate also let me know if anyone has one for sale.