Just dropped bessy off at BTS!!!

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Recheck U-joints, they can get loose and move even if new, and even new ones go bad. Doesn't sound like rear unless your hearing a prob as well.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Just vibration. No sound.

Front axle u-joints were replaced with my build along with every ball joint, seal, bearing, pad, rotor, and any other wearable part on the truck. If you saw the pile of stuff I replaced on that thing, you'd ****! Its a brand spanking new old truck!!!

Give me a little bit. Not done with the bars yet. We'll know in a little bit.

I know byron. That's why I'm not freaking out. Its nice to have spare EVERYTHING!! :D:D

Strokersace

Reaction score
Chris, just a thought...

Have you had your driveshaft separate at any point during or after your build? Like to do a carrier bearing or something? Taking it apart at the expandable splined joint that's covered by the flex boot.

I ask cause a few years ago when I still owned my SD, I had a pinion seal replaced in my rear end. Got it back from the shop and it drove fine. BUT... when I loaded a ton of hay on it, I had a BAD vibration at all speeds. It was less under light throttle and more appearant under heavy throttle. Come to find out, the shop that did the work, separated the rear driveshaft and it was NO LONGER balanced properly.

That was before I had much power on the truck. Would have been even more noticable with a tight new built tranny.

Could be something as random as that. When I had a carrier bearing go out later on, it was a noise, not a vibration.

I'm sure you've already done it, but make sure that all the bolts are tight where the carrier mounts to the frame, and both flanges attach to the transfer case and the rear axle.

Just some thoughts in my head!

Homesteader

Reaction score
Hey Chris have you found anything yet? Like mentioned earlier possible axle wrap. Now that you had a solid trans and probally getting more of your power back to the rear. Is it during acceleration or just crusing down the road? Also I would recheck u-joint.

Good luck

vanderchevy18

Reaction score

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not seeing any webs in those bars. As long as they are I would have webbing. JMO

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ok. Here's what I ended up doing. I have a giant pipe rack of various sized pipe, so I took the same 1" .250 pipe and stuck it inside the next size bigger with .187 wall. That makes a total of .437 wall pipe! Took it out for more playtime and it is still straight as an arrow! I think it'll work just fine!

Very happy right now! I'm ready for the track and the dyno!

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
You guys are such rednecks!!! :poke: LOL
And your point would be? LOL
Ok. Here's what I ended up doing. I have a giant pipe rack of various sized pipe, so I took the same 1" .250 pipe and stuck it inside the next size bigger with .187 wall. That makes a total of .437 wall pipe! Took it out for more playtime and it is still straight as an arrow! I think it'll work just fine!

I'm sorry, you did all the work? Thanks ya sack :poke:

I do have to say though...doing a 30psi launch and still being able to spin the tires is a whole lot of fun! Can't wait for next Saturday!

Homesteader

Reaction score

Any pics on new Trac bar's?

Tom S

Reaction score
How much do those traction bars weigh with two layers of pipe.

Latest posts

Members online