KC tp38r... how about some OBS love!

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Ive sold several of these turbos, and put them on stage 1s all the way to 250 hybrids. All I can say is I've been impressed and so has the owners of the trucks. It's way ahead of a d66 and is worth the lil bit extra.
Thats good that the word is getting out about these turbos. It looks impressive and i dont even own one. I just wish some guys would post up some vids and more pics.

1994.5 CCLB zf5

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We have been having great luck. We figured out the boot issue for all the stock metal OBS style CCV tubes. We are still working on a solution for the rare few that have swapped on a superduty plastic ccv tube.

They should be on our website soon, but you can order directly through us until then via email.

[email protected]

Results have been very similar to the KC38r for the superduty. Everyone has been very happy with great results.

hucorey

Reaction score
I had a customer put down 475hp on the dyno with 160/100's and intercooled. I say the dyno was a bit generous, but really not that far off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The superduty KC38r is essentially the same turbo with no wastegate.

I had a guy put down around 410hp with 180/stock nozzle injectors, according to his track number. He also won the sled pull competition. He never hit up the dyno so no dyno numbers. He tows with ease and daily drives his truck. No smoke or egt issues. With larger nozzles he should have made quite a bit more power.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
We have been having great luck. We figured out the boot issue for all the stock metal OBS style CCV tubes. We are still working on a solution for the rare few that have swapped on a superduty plastic ccv tube.

They should be on our website soon, but you can order directly through us until then via email.

[email protected]

Results have been very similar to the KC38r for the superduty. Everyone has been very happy with great results.
So now when one orders the turbo tbe boot doesn't have to be cut? Would love to see some charts or vids.

1994.5 CCLB zf5

dillpurdy92

Reaction score

I had a guy put down around 410hp with 180/stock nozzle injectors, according to his track number. He also won the sled pull competition. He never hit up the dyno so no dyno numbers. He tows with ease and daily drives his truck. No smoke or egt issues. With larger nozzles he should have made quite a bit more power.
My goal is 400hp so that's good until i can put in bigger springs and studs

1994.5 CCLB zf5

TyCorr

Reaction score
I had a customer put down 475hp on the dyno with 160/100's and intercooled. I say the dyno was a bit generous, but really not that far off.

Yea, thats definitely generous. Id be surprised if you could wrench 425+ out of 160ccs.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Thats awesome. You guys might be hearing from me. I killed my 38r and if this turbo didnt exist, Id definitely be going t4.

hucorey

Reaction score
Not too much really. My 96 cclb is still in the restoration phase, but I'll be running 230/80's from PIS with this charger, and hopefully get a remote live tune done as a local friend just got his dyno setup a couple months ago.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Is it me or does this turbo look better budgetly and physically than a t4 setup.

1994.5 CCLB zf5

928OBS

Reaction score
Any videos yet? Can't wait to hear it run, specially in my truck!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
How has this done in comparison to say a D66, Brute 66, Thruster II, etc?? All 66mm turbos that to my knowledge have horrible towing characteristics and high EGTs.

They all make decent power, but none of them tow heavy very well.

Has there been any side by side comparisons or anything? Struggling with a 1996 pickup right now with stage 1 injectors, adrenlaine HPOP, built transmission, and a Thruster II.... PHP tuning. The thing is awesome to daily drive, but towing with it is a nightmare and the customer can't keep EGT's in check.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've sold several of these obs turbos to customers from stage 1s to small hybrids. Every customer came from stock or d66 and love the way this turbo operates. Expect quicker spool up than a d66, and cooler egts. And from one specific truck, this turbo cleaned up our 238s very well at wot. In my opinion this is a great turbo for a good price and aimed towards those that do not wanna go t4 route.

Latest posts

Members online