large tuning programs

Tonka350

Reaction score
that's kind of why I was wanting to go with FASS or an AirDog...just because they'll also help with my mileage and also help remove the air and make my injector life last....I've got newer injectors and working out right now on how to get a little more with it.

Chad

Reaction score
Right I hear you on saving your injectors. Dont blame you one little bit. I just bought a FASS and I love it so far. Great fuel mileage and the air seperation. However the FASS pump is so loud! I mean loud! If I were you I would look into jakes system at Irate diesel have buddy that has his system and I really like it. Wish I would of known about it before I bought the FASS. But then again his system does not seperate air. If you are set on the FASS or an AirDog II then I would recomend the AirDog II simply becasue they are alot quieter. If I can figure out how to up load videos on here I will record my FASS system and how loud it is sooner then later. Hope this helps you out.:thumbup:
Curtis

Reaction score
I got 3mpg better from having the FASS on!!!! Not sure about the AIRDOG II tho.
Stay tuned I have a buddy posting a video of the FASS runing on my truck. He said he will post it under this thread I believe.

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
oh ok awesome, I'd love to check it out. does anyone know if the 6.0L FASS system will work on a 7.3L? if so what mods would have to be done to make it work? also I don't have a transmission yet, other than the fact that mine was rebuilt last year with all heavy duty cluth packs and a billet torque convertor, within 2 years I will have either a BTS or ATS trans though.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
I've heard good and bad about ATS and I've heard more good about BTS but I don't really know what all their power ratings and torque convertors and such....but yeah I need to learn more about it.

Chad

Reaction score
here ya go

th_video-2011-10-21-10-51-27.jpg

Big Bore

Reaction score
I got 3mpg better from having the FASS on!!!! Not sure about the AIRDOG II tho.
Stay tuned I have a buddy posting a video of the FASS runing on my truck. He said he will post it under this thread I believe.

That's an awesome mpg increase. I have an AD, in tank/hutch mods and RR running stage II's with 30% nozzles and I get 16mpg on a good day. Of course that is in the Rockies climbing passes at 9000-10,000ft. If I ever got 18mpg I would wet my pants.

BTS>ATS any day. Don't waste your money at ATS. That company has caused more tranny heartache than any other I know of.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would also study up on the reliability of the FASS pumps.

Reaction score
That's an awesome mpg increase. I have an AD, in tank/hutch mods and RR running stage II's with 30% nozzles and I get 16mpg on a good day. Of course that is in the Rockies climbing passes at 9000-10,000ft. If I ever got 18mpg I would wet my pants.

Thats awesome mpg for being that high! I think so at least. Before the FASS I was right around 16mpg with 37's and basically small mods. Now im right around 18-19mpg. Hope it stays the same after new sticks though.

Bump for sure on the BTS!!!

Also about reliability on the FASS.......this is my first one however, but they do have a lifetime warranty now like AIRDOG does. But still who cares as long as your pump is reliable...right? Anyway my dad had gone through 2 FASS pumps before switching over to AIRDOG and hasent had one problem! And its not nearly as loud as the FASS was. This was also on a Dodge not a Ford.
The reason I went with FASS was doing some reaserch I found out FASS seems to work best for ford, for installation and such. Im sure guys will say different to. Thats just what I decided. If the FASS fails once on me, Im getting my money back and Ill go buy one of Jakes fuel systems @ Irate.

Big Bore

Reaction score
What were your mileage numbers before and after?

I will say, the AD is quiet. I can hear it at key on until it pumps up, but once the truck is running I don't hear it at all. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it's the AD or the Walbro I'm hearing. LOL

Big Bore

Reaction score
By the way BIG BORE way off topic for a sec but how many wapiti monsters do you have in your back yard???

I don't see many near my house or area, but within 20 minutes I regularly see herds in the 100's. However I get antelope, deer, bobcats, coyotes, weasels, chipmunks, rabbits, groundhogs, hawks, vultures, occasional eagle and buffalo in the yard fairly regular.:D

Reaction score
What were your mileage numbers before and after?

I will say, the AD is quiet. I can hear it at key on until it pumps up, but once the truck is running I don't hear it at all. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it's the AD or the Walbro I'm hearing. LOL

Before I was right at 16-17mpg After I am now at 18-19pmg Mostly 18mpg.
I agree with you the AD is really quite. Like I told my buddy....no need to have a fuel guage..becasue Ill defiantly know when the C*&K SUcker aint runningLOL

I don't see many near my house or area, but within 20 minutes I regularly see herds in the 100's. However I get antelope, deer, bobcats, coyotes, weasels, chipmunks, rabbits, groundhogs, hawks, vultures, occasional eagle and buffalo in the yard fairly regular.:D

Thats bad A:rockon::rockon:

TARM

Reaction score
I have run damn near every pump setup out there and I can tell you there is no way I would ever run a FASS pump again. Reliability, noise, performance are the reasons. Yes anyone can make a air removal unit that will do EVERY bit as good as the FASS does and then some. The AD is the only unit with both vacuum and pressure side air removal. FASS could only copy the pressure stage as it was not patented.

The dual SD pumps are strictly for flow capacity and have nothing to do with air removal at all.

If I did get one again it would be the AD unit for sure and it would be the Air Dog I setup as a lift pump to the primary HP pump. This will allow it to last much longer and in that position at the much lower pressure will work much better at removal of air which has been confirmed by manf.

The main reason they are used as a all in one device is for easy of install compared to doing a full system properly. You still will need a cross over or 4 port feed or RR to deal with the fuel starvation issues of the 2 port deadhead factory setup.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.