large tuning programs

Reaction score
I have run damn near every pump setup out there and I can tell you there is no way I would ever run a FASS pump again. Reliability, noise, performance are the reasons. Yes anyone can make a air removal unit that will do EVERY bit as good as the FASS does and then some. The AD is the only unit with both vacuum and pressure side air removal. FASS could only copy the pressure stage as it was not patented.

The dual SD pumps are strictly for flow capacity and have nothing to do with air removal at all.

If I did get one again it would be the AD unit for sure and it would be the Air Dog I setup as a lift pump to the primary HP pump. This will allow it to last much longer and in that position at the much lower pressure will work much better at removal of air which has been confirmed by manf.

The main reason they are used as a all in one device is for easy of install compared to doing a full system properly. You still will need a cross over or 4 port feed or RR to deal with the fuel starvation issues of the 2 port deadhead factory setup.

I understand where your coming from. However I cant complain..............YET. haha But I have herd this from many people now. Ive also learned that the reason FASS was out before the AD was they were brothers, that both designed FASS and something happend between them and one of the brothers left FASS and came out with the AD. This is what I have herd? Correct me if Im wrong. Just stating what I have herd. Again the only reason I went with the FASS was
1. Price...got a slammin deal
2. Lifetime warrany...if one thing goes wrong...Ill get a system through Irate Diesel
3. Was told FASS works better on fords than the AD

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Ive also learned that the reason FASS was out before the AD was they were brothers, that both designed FASS and something happend between them and one of the brothers left FASS and came out with the AD. This is what I have herd? Correct me if Im wrong

Actually it was a father/son that started Airdog. They had a disagreement & the son went off & started FASS.

I got to talk to the reps from FASS a few months back & told em straight up I refuse to put their pumps on a Ford because I haven't seen one survive. To my surprise he didn't dodge the question & instead took it head on & admitted that most of the Ford units we're prone to issues. He then informed me that they changed the coating on the inside of their pumps sometime this spring & reliability on the Ford's went up. They dared me to try one of their new pumps & see how it held up. I was going to give it a shot & see if it was true or a sales pitch but like everything else in life, finances don't always allow for what we "want" to do.

Reaction score
Actually it was a father/son that started Airdog. They had a disagreement & the son went off & started FASS.

I got to talk to the reps from FASS a few months back & told em straight up I refuse to put their pumps on a Ford because I haven't seen one survive. To my surprise he didn't dodge the question & instead took it head on & admitted that most of the Ford units we're prone to issues. He then informed me that they changed the coating on the inside of their pumps sometime this spring & reliability on the Ford's went up. They dared me to try one of their new pumps & see how it held up. I was going to give it a shot & see if it was true or a sales pitch but like everything else in life, finances don't always allow for what we "want" to do.

Thanks for the correction, I knew it was something along that line, funny how storys get switched so easy.
I too have talked to FASS techs becasue I was so worried that my FASS would soon be shot. Like I said my dad had gone through 2 pumps in less than a year and that was on a dodge. He now runs AD II and flawless.
Anyway the tech claimes I should never have a problem and its a lifetime warranty. But like I told him I dont care if its a lifetime warranty, if my pump keeps going out on me and have to go through weeks of warranty to get back up and running then FASS should send a replacment pump to have on hand for when you first one goes out. The second my pump goes and I hope it never does but hearing alot of negitive feed back on these pumps Im sure its only a matter of time, I will be getting my money back and moving on!!!
On your part, I would have told FASS sure Ill test it out for you. There is my truck put one on and ill let you know. He offered in my opinion...as in a free pump.

Reaction score
Pumps failing/regulators not working/wiring harness failing/not sustaining desired fuel psi. Not bashing on air dog BTW, as long as you have your warranty they will take care of you.

Nothing like FASS though right? I mean everything has potential of failure so I wouldn't take it as bashing on AD. I think a lot of people would benefit to pros and cons of different EF systems before a purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.