largest injector ran on stock turbo?

sleeps

Reaction score
looking at buying big injectors for the build but can afford air at the same time as fuel. i saw mpd ran 285's on an 03'. how big can you go with the fuel pulled way out and it be ok?

Extended Power

Reaction score
As long as everything else is stock, and you don't have any gauges, 285/150 should be fine...

OBS F350

Reaction score
My buddy ran 190's with stock nozzles for 25k miles on extreme race, and beat the piss out of it before his turbo blew, 03 turbo. Truck has 180k miles on it so idk how old the turbo was before the injectors. It was a smokey pig, but ran really hard!

sleeps

Reaction score
im not concerned with the fuel system, pressure and monitoring, that will be addressed beforehand. im mainly concerned with it simply being too much fuel, and can enough be pulled out of it in tuning to not be just rediculous and either hurt the turbo or have egts through the roof to dangerous levels.

im looking at the set of rcd 345 hybrids in the classifieds. might still be too much injectors for the end goal but at least i wouldnt run out of fuel haha. and those can be ran on the 05 hpop right? i believe thats what the sight says.

sleeps

Reaction score
As long as everything else is stock, and you don't have any gauges, 285/150 should be fine...

know the whole question is a tad rediculous and i should just get a set of injectors, then upgrade the air and install all at one, i just figured i would ask. because if i could install the new injectors i could recoup some of my miney selling my good stock injectors.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
345 hybrids, stock oil, stock turbo, stock trans, stock fuel delivery.

JimFace-1.gif

sleeps

Reaction score
345 hybrids, stock oil, stock turbo, stock trans, stock fuel delivery.

JimFace-1.gif

i never intended to run injectors this large, just saw them for sale at a decent price so i thought id ask. stock 05' hpop will run larger hybrids, not sure about this large though, could be something you could have just informed me? stock turbo is temporary, if thats the deal breaker then so be it, injectors can sit until i get more air. im aware i will have to do the trans, thats not my concern at the moment. and i already said fuel system will be adressed before injectors are even in.

sleeps

Reaction score
not every on the planet has had large injectors like this, there has to be a first time. you cant step into the game knowing everything, thats why i asked the questions. a simple yes or no would have been great. from what ive read on here 190's are too large for a stock turbo. but mpd has done 285's with stock fuel sustem, no regulated return, no nitrous, stock oil, on an 03 turbo running low 13's before switching to the 72mm and running mid 12's. but they didnt get these kind of responses.

i knew it was a long shot even asking, just looking for a little advice from thise who have been around the diesel world longer than i have.

78f100

Reaction score
we put 175 stock nozzles in my brothers 05, un tuned they are like stock on his truck.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Noob syndrome...Don't worry we all had it. Sit back, read a little, save your pennies, set a realistic goal, read some more. Then start asking questions. Don't go huge for your first build you will hate the headache

Latest posts

Members online