LED Headlight Down

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about how the stock housing is not made for hid bulbs. That the pattern will be off.

Someone explain this.

What the difference between these two bulbs?

16320087_syl_H139008ST2_pri_larg.jpg

D2C___D2R___D2S_Hid_Bulb.jpg

Once we've covered the difference then we can move on to the geometry of light and such..

The difference is the halogen bulb works well in an OEM housing and the HID bulb doesn't. HID bulbs throw a splotchy pattern if they're not in a projector. I don't need geometry or anything else to know what works and what doesn't. I have first hand experience for that.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
The difference is the halogen bulb works well in an OEM housing and the HID bulb doesn't. HID bulbs throw a splotchy pattern if they're not in a projector. I don't need geometry or anything else to know what works and what doesn't. I have first hand experience for that.

Not arguing but that doesn't explain why.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Can't answer why. I just know it doesn't work as well as a halogen bulb. Anyone that's ever ran an HID bulb in a stock housing knows the light pattern sucks. All you get is brighter light.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Can't answer why. I just know it doesn't work as well as a halogen bulb. Anyone that's ever ran an HID bulb in a stock housing knows the light pattern sucks. All you get is brighter light.

And pissed off oncoming traffic. I've seen some that you can't even look at during the day.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
My LEDs are kinda sad.. The "brights" are pretty much non existent.
I drove home one night from work with my brights on to see if I would get any flashes. Not one.
That's why when I'm able to use brights, my light bar and D2 fog lights are on lol.
I'll be upgrading to HIDs in the future. In a projector of course

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Sucks to read all the trouble with the LED's. I've been running mine for a year with 0 issues. I've never used the high beams, don't see the need with them and the Rigid D2 fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganM

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about how the stock housing is not made for hid bulbs. That the pattern will be off.

Someone explain this.

What the difference between these two bulbs?

[IMG]

Once we've covered the difference then we can move on to the geometry of light and such..[/QUOTE]

I believe your answer is in here...

[url]http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html[/url]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online