LETS SEE THOSE EXCURSIONS!!!!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
That ex is just plain out bad azz. I'm also not a big fan of the new front ends but it works perfect on that. Wish ford would put that in production I'd have a hard time not buying one.

thank you, we took a while to get the body lines as close to factory as we can...really makes a difference. Il be sad to see it go, but it will be fun while we have it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Do you have a number on it yet?

not yet....but I have been looking around to see what some of these are going for, and I am really surprised. whats going to be my killer is the 235 on the dash even though everything was replaced from the drive train (with 60k and a refresh) to the seats from a truck with 75k but everyone only looks at the mileage on the dash lol

97f350stroker

Reaction score
not yet....but I have been looking around to see what some of these are going for, and I am really surprised. whats going to be my killer is the 235 on the dash even though everything was replaced from the drive train (with 60k and a refresh) to the seats from a truck with 75k but everyone only looks at the mileage on the dash lol

Even high mileage excursions have held their value surprisingly well. I looked for one for a while when my fiance totalled her f150 and prices were crazy. I wouldn't worry too much about that number on the dash, especially for the group of people that ex will appeal to.

psduser1

Reaction score

Omg! 235k!

I'll give you 67$, and a large mcD fries, lol.

No really, I'm looking for an ex right now. I think I have a decent idea what they're worth, stock. Yours obviously has a lot of work done to it, and I'm sure it'll be out of my price range, but it's worth asking!:naughty::p

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Omg! 235k!

I'll give you 67$, and a large mcD fries, lol.

No really, I'm looking for an ex right now. I think I have a decent idea what they're worth, stock. Yours obviously has a lot of work done to it, and I'm sure it'll be out of my price range, but it's worth asking!:naughty::p

biggie size and its a deal

TyCorr

Reaction score
That ex is just plain out bad azz. I'm also not a big fan of the new front ends but it works perfect on that. Wish ford would put that in production I'd have a hard time not buying one.

No you'd easily forgo them because a Platinum or kr would be 90k $$.

Cinsidering the 05 limited or Eddie Bauer was over 60 ten years ago. The kr and platinum packages would not be friendly to the wallet at all. Main reason they disappeared anyway. And the 6l.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
No you'd easily forgo them because a Platinum or kr would be 90k $$.

Cinsidering the 05 limited or Eddie Bauer was over 60 ten years ago. The kr and platinum packages would not be friendly to the wallet at all. Main reason they disappeared anyway. And the 6l.

This is true. I also sold my kr and bought a 95 xl truck, so I guess it wouldn't exactly be my style lol. Would be awesome for the woman though. I had her wanting a 7.3 ex but we couldn't find one that made sense to buy with the way prices are on them. Ended up wit and 11' ecoboost with 60k miles on it for less than we could have gotten an ex for.

Wayne

Reaction score
Time to slap in a low miles odometer, and sell it as exempt. explain it to the end user, but it will sure bump the value going with exempt over high miles, and give it the placebo effect every time somebody looks at it LOL

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
This is true. I also sold my kr and bought a 95 xl truck, so I guess it wouldn't exactly be my style lol. Would be awesome for the woman though. I had her wanting a 7.3 ex but we couldn't find one that made sense to buy with the way prices are on them. Ended up wit and 11' ecoboost with 60k miles on it for less than we could have gotten an ex for.

Yep. We tried and tried to get one. Found a 05 with 100k on it. Black on black. Lifted with black xds. 35 grand asking and the lift **** that down. She said hell no! Then i tried to get her a new platinum. Double hell no. Wound up with a 15 explorer last July.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
There are deals out there. Not everyone thinks their Ex is made of gold. I bought my 02 1.5 years ago for less than the KBB on it. Fully loaded Eddie Bauer Limited.

It did need some work, but mostly little things. Passed inspection with no problems without me putting a dime into it.

kmanxj

Reaction score

Because it would be an 70k to 80k SUV. Not a big market out there for that price range. Just look at the price increase on trucks since the 6.0 was new.

NHFD175

Reaction score
c844c26a71e3c5f10b111f5be29600ee.jpg

2000 with 120k. 05 front grille and headlight conversion. Just bought it 4k miles ago

smcox1

Reaction score
Because it would be an 70k to 80k SUV. Not a big market out there for that price range. Just look at the price increase on trucks since the 6.0 was new.

Top of the line excursion if it was made would probably be around $80,000-$85,000 with a diesel engine. I just built a 2015 expedition EL Platinum with every option and it was 70k:jawdrop:

Jomax

Reaction score
Top of the line excursion if it was made would probably be around $80,000-$85,000 with a diesel engine. I just built a 2015 expedition EL Platinum with every option and it was 70k:jawdrop:

My dad would pay 85k tomorrow if they offered it. He has one of the first diesel excursion off the assembly line from 2000. 210k miles. I grew up in the thing. BEST vehicle ever.

I've heard those lame escalades are 100k for a fully loaded one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kmanxj

Reaction score

DAMN!!!!! :confused: You don't see very many of those rolling around either, atleast around me. That is just plain nuts

Wayne

Reaction score
My dad would pay 85k tomorrow if they offered it. He has one of the first diesel excursion off the assembly line from 2000. 210k miles. I grew up in the thing. BEST vehicle ever.

So you grew up riding in a vehicle made in '00? :shocked: How is high school treating you these days? LOL

TripleE44

Reaction score

There's a conversion listed on the Dallas, tx craigslist for $89,500 if you're/he's serious. It's silver with grey two-tone, leather and nav and all that good stuff. It's only got like 800 miles or something on it and hasn't been registered at all.

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm 21. I just don't act my age.

:D I just hear references like this and suddenly feel really old. It's crazy how rare these are becoming. Can hardly find any under 100K either, and if you do, they want the gdp of a small country for it.