Lets see those H.I.D's!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
For me the deciding factor was the color. If you go with 55W go with the 8000, if 35W go with the 6000. The color temp will be really close. Mine are really white with a hint of blue from the sides.
Fogs look the same to me.
This picture I played with the saturation levels so the blue is much more than what is normal.
256991897680705_100001096897044_740205_706609251_n.jpg

hid-bulb-color-guide.jpg

nickg3130

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but do you need to adjust your headlights with h.i.ds or are they bright enough it wouldn't make much of a difference.

nickg3130

Reaction score
What If the lights are un even before the hids are in? To make a long story short I bought some Harley lights knowing the adjusters on the lights were broken. But, the lights are un even.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
ok guys, lets ask a slightly different question.

lets have pics at night, looking through the windshield, or out the drivers window, seeing just what they illuminate.

of the various k values, of course.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the windshield was just a suggestion.

im sure you understand the kind of picture im after.

it seems to me, that this picture, is of more use than just a pic of the front of the truck.

personally, i dont care what the light looks like on the front of the truck. im sitting in the drivers seat, wont ever see it.

but to see the different k values, shining on the ground, to see the comparison of white to blue, as im sitting in the seat, is what will help me decide just what k value to get.

you can say 5k or 6k or. or...or... but till you get them you dont really know. but to see a pic to go, ya, i think i can sit behind these lights everynight, thats the money shot right there.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
true, but the op, has a 2010, which i do as well.

im getting hid's, thats already decided,

color options.....well....thats not yet.

i drove my E99 the other day, plowing snow at night, and when i got done, i went straight to my plow dealer, and bought the mounting and electrics kit for the new truck, which was instock, which went the same day.

LOL i dont know how i drove it at night. :D

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Ill get some pics up but heads are 55w 5k, 35w 5k summer, 3k winter for fogs. 4300k has that halogen yellow tint to it, 5k its pure white, and 6k gets a tint of blue. Yes 4300 is most visible to the eye, but real life driving conditions you won't know the difference between 4300/5 and maybe even 6k other than 6 is a slight blue.

I disagree. I had 5000K when I first retrofit projectors and HATED it. Went to a 4300K bulb and loved it. The 5000K was to harsh on my eyes at night. I could feel it straining them, it sucked. The 4300K was awesome. Real life driving is the only way to decide what you actually like. You'll never get a true representation from a picture. Buy what you think you might like and if you don't like them, theres always ebay to get rid of them.

I want hids for the safety factor of the brighter light, I could care less about the color temp cool factor... That color you see on higher end cars is the flicker from the projector cut off anyway, not the color temp of the bulb. Factory cars all come with 4300K lights.

But in the end its all in what you like i suppose

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and i can tell from that pic, that there is to much blue in them for me.

see, ruled one out.

:poke:

Rene G

Reaction score
I have 4300k 55w hi lo's. I used to run 4 light force lights, but now I don't have a need to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.