Little project for my parents first diesel

smcox1

Reaction score
It looks so good! Are you putting the same grille that your truck has?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looks great! You did a killer job! It's very cool of you to do that for them!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

whs

live life full throttle

Thanks guys!

It looks so good! Are you putting the same grille that your truck has?

Thanks! I have the chrome bar grille to go in it. Im having a new harley grille painted for my truck though so I might throw my old one on to see how it looks too

Looks good, I might have missed it but did you use wheel spacers?

Thanks! I put 2" wheel spacers on

Looks so good! Great work man!

Thank you!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well there was a little problem with the truck being low on power, it felt like it was loosing high pressure oil so I put the scanner on it and at full throttle it was at 85% ipr duty cycle and was only at 725-800 icp psi. So yesterday I installed a new IPR along with the new 05 front end and got the steering wheel all straightened out and running boards back on.
16616967675_9e2831c1af_c.jpg
Untitled by mattpopiel, on Flickr
15994790094_57dac1858a_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
16591011956_ec542e1553_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
15994791784_1d0fe34ea8_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
15997222113_be182ecb6f_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
15997224073_760283a2c8_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
15994800014_fca6ddf752_c.jpg
by mattpopiel, on Flickr

webb06

Reaction score
You pulled the intake to replace the ipr? On the last pic it appears that the paint line on both doors is way off? Maybe just the pic angle. Front end looks good though

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looks great!

Thanks!

You pulled the intake to replace the ipr? On the last pic it appears that the paint line on both doors is way off? Maybe just the pic angle. Front end looks good though

Yeah I had to pull the intake to replace the IPR since its an early 04 with the old style manifold. Since that back crossover piece on the old style manifold sits directly on top of the IPR. I wish I had a newer style intake to put on to eliminate all that extra work. Or even better if it was a later model so I wouldnt even have to pull the turbo to replace the IPR. The truck had been in an accident and when they fixed the door they left off the pinstripe. Understandable since the estimate on my truck that I just got valued those pinstripes at 300 bucks for the rear door. So Im gonna take the rest of the pinstripe off the truck and it will be coming off mine as well

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah I had to pull the intake to replace the IPR since its an early 04 with the old style manifold. Since that back crossover piece on the old style manifold sits directly on top of the IPR. I wish I had a newer style intake to put on to eliminate all that extra work. Or even better if it was a later model so I wouldnt even have to pull the turbo to replace the IPR. The truck had been in an accident and when they fixed the door they left off the pinstripe. Understandable since the estimate on my truck that I just got valued those pinstripes at 300 bucks for the rear door. So Im gonna take the rest of the pinstripe off the truck and it will be coming off mine as well

If you have the special socket you don't need to remove the intake or turbo. I usually just remove the FICM and use a wobble with the special socket and it'll come out.

Ahh ok that makes sense then.

Matt_P

Reaction score
If you have the special socket you don't need to remove the intake or turbo. I usually just remove the FICM and use a wobble with the special socket and it'll come out.

Ahh ok that makes sense then.

Yeah I have the special socket and like you said I always use a wobble extension and that socket to get the IPR out on the later style 6.0s without removing the turbo or intake. It makes life a whole lot easier. I wish their truck didnt have the old crappy intake manifold

webb06

Reaction score
Yeah I have the special socket and like you said I always use a wobble extension and that socket to get the IPR out on the later style 6.0s without removing the turbo or intake. It makes life a whole lot easier. I wish their truck didnt have the old crappy intake manifold

For some reason I was thinking I could do it on the 03 style intake too. Maybe I'm just dreaming

Matt_P

Reaction score
For some reason I was thinking I could do it on the 03 style intake too. Maybe I'm just dreaming

Yeah unfortunately the IPR sits directly under that crossover piece on the old style manfiolds, even with the turbo removed its hard to see the IPR sitting under that manifold piece. The ICP you could definitely get to though.

Matt_P

Reaction score

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I cut the cross over piece off everyone of those manifolds.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nice work...im not nit picking your work but shouldnt that front bumper piece be tan?

This truck isnt getting a tuner or anything is it?