Look at this little toy!!!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Now this has to be one of the coolest apps. Just downloaded it, will have to get the hardware when I return from my deployment

Jason

Reaction score
So, question. Seeing as I basically browsed the thread, and may have overlooked it. Is it bluetooth, or does a powercord plug from the hydra, or ts, into your phone? If I have this app, forget my phone charger, and my phone starts to die, would I be f'ed? Or would the truck stay in the last selected tune, before the phone dies?? Dumb question, but it's somewhat legit.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. Cyclops comes in two parts... The App and the Hardware.

The App uses Bluetooth and resides on the Android device (phone, tablet, etc.) You can open it whenever you need to change settings on the chip. Otherwise, the App is normally closed. (Note: Seriously looking into the Widget component.) It doesn't use any significant amount of power when open, and zero power consumption when closed. The App does NOT need to be open for the hardware to function... Only to changed settings.

The hardware is Bluetooth device that is connected to the chip itself and located under the dash, out of the way. The device controls the actual switching of the positions and latches whatever the last position selected was. So when you shut the truck off, it will restart in the last position selected. The hardware will either pull power directly from the chip (Hydra, F5, and F6), or will require a small power pigtail wired to the fusebox/igntion (TS and F8). Either way, it's only powered when the key is on. Again, the hardware handles all the switching and does not require the App to be open or even have the device in the vehicle. The App only need be present to change positions.

I hope this helps.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Otherwise, the App is normally closed. (Note: Seriously looking into the Widget component.)

Bill

Could your Cyclops app "pull" PIDs i.e. like the Torque app? Or is that capability only via the OBD2 port?

An app that could pull 3-4 pids running as a widget...that would allow you to change tunes on the fly...wow.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Bill

Could your Cyclops app "pull" PIDs i.e. like the Torque app? Or is that capability only via the OBD2 port?

An app that could pull 3-4 pids running as a widget...that would allow you to change tunes on the fly...wow.

Cant pull anything like that via the J3 port, at least not easily.

Another 1200 miles this weekend, I've tried everything to get a hiccup or issue. LOVE it!

I have the adapter tucked behind the kick plate, cant even see its there. You would have to be one damn smart thief to figure it out... I will no longer be forced to pull the fuel pump fuse to disable my truck.

79jasper

Reaction score
So what happens if your phone freezes up/crashes?
Does it just stay in the last tune you set it in?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Yes it will just stay in the tune you had it in. you just will not be able to change it till you get a working phone with the app back up and running.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So what happens if your phone freezes up/crashes?
Does it just stay in the last tune you set it in?

It stays in what ever tune you last had it in...

Yes it will just stay in the tune you had it in. you just will not be able to change it till you get a working phone with the app back up and running.

Or you plug the switch back in... Not really a big deal. I'll keep the switch tossed in the dash.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Used the NS or "No Start" setting tonight... Slick as hell to just touch the screen a few times, turn the key off and walk away...

Try and steal my truck now ya bastards!

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'll probably be getting an android tablet to run this and torque. Are there going to be any devices that won't be allowed to download this app. I remember a few years ago certain tablets couldn't download certain apps from the play store. That's why I'm asking.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont see that being an issue. You can install the app manually if you had to... Took me a bit to figure it out, but I got it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Torque pro or whatever it's called.
Works for a lot of people, but I don't think I would use it. Just a personal preference.

What do you think the issue would be with an App and bluetooth adapter that gives you everything you need to see??? All for less then $30?

I have had it for over a year now without an issue...

945192_207859136055829_835841694_n.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Go to the play store and look for Torquepro... I'm off to bed or I would dig further.

Latest posts

Members online