Looking at Carli 2.5 commuter or backcountry, few questions for carli guys.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Gooseneck, tractor and implements can get up there pretty good. It's not worth the hassle I don't think...it's not too offensive with the stock springs.

Could always do the Carli mini packs. I had the full deavers and they rode great but squatted a lot with weight. This pic is with the full rear springs. From what I read the mini packs don't reduce towing capacity at all.
b6747d00b986776d658bc17b6310576b.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Our tractor is over 10K naked. It would probably bottom out the full leaf packs with the front bucket on since that has to lay on top of the gooseneck. lol
The nicer ride sure is tempting though.

Last edited:

Profuzz

Reaction score
921b9e3257e1e2dee4275f8a9d1da629.jpg
this is with full rear leafs from carli( 08-10 leafs ) on my 06 truck ! 3k pin weight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
If my truck had a slight rake to it empty it wouldn't be so bad but since it's level any drop in the rear and it would sag. Now I just run stock springs with OUO traction blocks and fox 2.5 shocks with the DSC adjuster

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So airbags are out of the question why?

you have to buy the long travel bags to work with the full springs, neither of which are cheap. With the traction blocks and the bump stop tang you can just bolt the bags to the bump stop tang on the blocks. The full leaves would give a nice ride though.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Gooseneck, tractor and implements can get up there pretty good. It's not worth the hassle I don't think...it's not too offensive with the stock springs.

Air bags are a great thing really though. I just have a very simple kit and compressor on my truck with a remote and it works great. I really hate when a truck squats though. Most of the time I just barley let mine touch the over loads and let the bags keep the rear up. I always say if its not squatting the cops won't look twice at it because it doest look overloaded going down the road. I have the airlift wireless one compressor and remote and firestone bags. Was about $600 total and worth it to me. I use them all the time easy to air up and down. With how often I hook and unhook the GN sure makes it nice.

sstrobl

Reaction score
I tow my boat a few times a week and an enclosed atv trailer (16ft) maybe half a dozen times a summer so I'm not to worried about sacrificing a little towing for a better daily ride. My dads f150 ecoboost hauls the enclosed trailer without being overloaded so it's not that heavy.

sstrobl

Reaction score
well i pulled the trigger and bought the backcountry 2.5 with full leafs last night!! going to prolly run some method 18x9s to eliminate the clearance issues 37s will cause on stock wheels. pretty excited, but ill prolly have to wait a few weeks before rims and tires which will be hard lol

Notneb

Reaction score
well i pulled the trigger and bought the backcountry 2.5 with full leafs last night!! going to prolly run some method 18x9s to eliminate the clearance issues 37s will cause on stock wheels. pretty excited, but ill prolly have to wait a few weeks before rims and tires which will be hard lol

Awesome, good choice with full leafs!

sstrobl

Reaction score
I will definitely get pics up as soon as I can. My normal helper isn't around this weekend so I'm thinking I'll put it on next weekend. That way I can really tell the difference and give a good review for other people without changing rims and tires.

sstrobl

Reaction score
well the lift showed up today, huge props to the vendor i got it from. (not sure im allowed to say, rhymes with 8pugtruckfear lol ). shipped the day after i ordered and they were great with communication and answering questions. now i have to look at it in the garage evryday untill i can put it on :fustrate:

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Your going to love it! Those full leafs ride great. I'm curious how the fox 2.0s compared to the old backcountry kit like I had with the bilstein 5160s.

sstrobl

Reaction score
well i just finished installing my backcountry level kit with full leafs, figured id post up about how it went and the outcome. i think it took us longer then it would take some people but it is a time consuming job. we worked about 4-9 friday, 6-6 saturday and 8-11 today so about 20 hours total. we did run into a problem with the extended brake lines that used up about 3-4 hours. the hard line from the truck would not thread into the carli line block. the threads must be a little different because we tried for 2-3 hours to make it work, went and got new fitting and were gonna cut the line, replace the fitting, and reflare but decided id put the stock ones on for now and talk to dan about what he thought the problem might be. not sure if the truck being a 2011 makes it different size or what the deal is but we only had the weekend to get it all done so we moved on. its a pretty simple job really, you need metric wrenches and sockets (mostly deep, a few shallow) from 10-30, a good set of jack stands (i used harbor freight 12 tons that were 2 for 100$), the bottle jack from the truck, and a torque wrench. most of the bolts can be done with a fairly cheap craftsman 1/2" torque wrench but the leaf bolts and the track bar bolt are around 400 ft/lbs so you need a serious wrench for those. i work on heavy equipment so i was able to borrow a big 3/4" drive snap on that worked perfect but those would cost ya big if you had to buy one. thats something you may be able to rent from autozone or something im not sure. i also had a standard floor jack that i used to maneuver the leaves in over the axle which made it easier for two people. overall i wouldnt let it scare you if youd like to save the big install bill call a buddy and set a weekend aside and it can be done. it went smoother then i thought it would when u take out the brake line issue.

as far as the finished product i really am surprised how much difference it made since im running the same tires on stock 20s. i cant wait to get the new rims and tires on really get the full quality i spent the extra money for. ill be installing the new rims and tires as soon as i can get them shipped here and mounted and ill post some pics then. if anyone has any questions about any of it feel free to pm or ask here while its fresh in my memory

sstrobl

Reaction score
Your going to love it! Those full leafs ride great. I'm curious how the fox 2.0s compared to the old backcountry kit like I had with the bilstein 5160s.

i was reading on another page thats a guy switched his old bilsteins out for the newer fox version and he said they were alot softer riding from what i remember

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah I wish I had remembered to tell you about big metric sockets if you're doing full leafs, lol. Got any sand bags or heavy items, put about 1,000lbs in the back, helps break in the rear leafs. I did that for about 500 miles then re-checked and re-torqued everything.

Remember, the rear leaf u-bolts will continue to stretch out for a couple thousand miles, so keep checking them every 1k.

Also, PICS!!!!

Members online

No members online now.