Looking for caster information

Bigshow

Reaction score
This is my second 2008 Superduty 4x4.
First one was a bit of a learning curve. Did 2.5" level kit, then added cams for adding back caster but I feel ball joint life was compromised. I added an extra 1" spacer to get 3.5" level, and went back to stock cams and a radius arm drop brackets.
Now I have a (new to me) F350 that previous owner added 2.5" levelling kit and cams. It's ball joint time. First - what is the best amount of caster on these trucks? I remember when I was doing my first one that more than stock was better (I don't recall what stock was but maybe it was 2.5ish degrees???).
I could use cams, radius arm drop brackets, or adjustable length radius arms. I see BDS has a redesigned radius arm requiring no drop brackets...
Input please??

Layson

Reaction score
I am a big fan of about 4.5. If you want to get rid of the drop brackets look at the One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms. Adjustable from lowered to 6" of lift, the arms are offset so you actually can get a tighter turning radius over stock or run wider tires without rubbing on the arms. Definitely something that is a nice addition to your truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.