Looking for customer input

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I was wondering if there would be any consideration of building a vane brake option?

I believe this is doable. Much of what requires modification for that would be the same as turning VGT off at idle, which has already been requested.

This would be a nice option to have for towing, maybe have the option tie it into the T/H button?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what this would be used for?
Closing the vanes when you are trying to slow down causes the the ebp to increase and makes the engine harder to spin which will increase the engine braking effect. Helps when your going down a large grade so you don't have to ride the brakes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

norcalpowerstroke73

Reaction score
It would also be a nice feature to add a torque converter lockup on deceleration feature to aid with vane braking and a more aggressive downshifting in tow/haul

joshua5438

Reaction score
Closing the vanes when you are trying to slow down causes the the ebp to increase and makes the engine harder to spin which will increase the engine braking effect. Helps when your going down a large grade so you don't have to ride the brakes

Got it. Thanks! I have a buddy with a new cummins that has an exhaust break. I think his has a toggle that he can press on the shifter. How would this work with our trucks? Would it just engage when you let off the throttle?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks! I have a buddy with a new cummins that has an exhaust break. I think his has a toggle that he can press on the shifter. How would this work with our trucks? Would it just engage when you let off the throttle?
Yea that's one way to do it. I'm not sure if it would be possible to get it to work with a switch like only in tow haul mode. I made an mcc tune that closes the vanes at 0 percent throttle above 2000 rpms at it seems to work fine for me.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score

Thats correct. The ECM and TCM operating systems lack to the logic to control EBP/VGT based on trans condition or the tow/haul switch.

At this point, I'm going to try and button up this BETA release with the ideas we have so that I can get it out for you guys to test. There are some other cool things I want to add, including some of the most recent suggestions here in this thread, but if I don't set a limit on where I'm going with coding at this point it will continue on forever:morons:

Here's a brief run-down of what we are looking to release by the end of the month-

- ~75HP, ~150HP, 200/210HP, and 325HP BETA for Jobs 1 and 2+
- OST Options (as listed earlier in the thread) for each file
-*possibly start shipping SOTF cables to select testers. We need to BETA the base files first, but once they are confirmed to be satisfactory to you guys, I'll add the SOTF code and release another variant.

Something to note- this software will be intentionally designed not to block out use of any of the old tune files. Anyone who wishes to keep the old files on their SD card for future use will be able to do so, and I'll be creating a new index file that will allow that. I know we still have a lot of fans of the older, more aggressive calibration, and I don't want to prevent anyone from having access to those if they wish.

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
That is awsome news. How do these new tunes act with a built transmission? I'd love to try these new files but wasn't sure if they were safe to use.

DillonM91

Reaction score
Has the location in the truck for SOTF been finalized yet? Glad to see the BETA release is coming along nicely

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
:fordoval:
Has the location in the truck for SOTF been finalized yet? Glad to see the BETA release is coming along nicely

Not yet. Prototyping is done on a 3d printer and then eventually, injection molds to be made. Fairly slow process. I'd recommend mounting in a 3/8 hole of your choosing in the meantime.

A pretty decent make shift mount can be made out of the bottom power point hole using some large fender washers.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
:fordoval:

Not yet. Prototyping is done on a 3d printer and then eventually, injection molds to be made. Fairly slow process. I'd recommend mounting in a 3/8 hole of your choosing in the meantime.

A pretty decent make shift mount can be made out of the bottom power point hole using some large fender washers.

Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online