Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I know is only been a few days but, I bet there was alot of progress behind the scenes?

We have the Job 1 module with the new file in one of our test trucks and Mark is putting some miles on it to make sure everything is good to go for BETA.

I'm hoping to add the code for shift on the fly into the next BETA release and get some cables out for testing :thumbsup:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
How do we opt in to beta testing cables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll drop a post here when they are ready to test. Will send out in the neighborhood of 10 or 15 of them to try out at that time (at last count I have enough stuff to build 18 of them here, have used 3 here in the shop). I'll let you guys know, and willing testers can PM me at that time to get one.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
We have the Job 1 module with the new file in one of our test trucks and Mark is putting some miles on it to make sure everything is good to go for BETA.

I'm hoping to add the code for shift on the fly into the next BETA release and get some cables out for testing :thumbsup:

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
I'll drop a post here when they are ready to test. Will send out in the neighborhood of 10 or 15 of them to try out at that time (at last count I have enough stuff to build 18 of them here, have used 3 here in the shop). I'll let you guys know, and willing testers can PM me at that time to get one.

Ohh god this is going to be like trying to get dibs on sold out concert tickets. Lol. Ill wait with PM ready to send button..lol

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Ohh god this is going to be like trying to get dibs on sold out concert tickets. Lol. Ill wait with PM ready to send button..lol

Don't sweat it. With the exception of our dealers, you guys who have helped this thread along will get priority. I'll also be ordering supplies for a cable stock order soon; just need to make sure we don't need to make changes before I order enough stuff to make a 1000 of them.

djr4x4

Reaction score
I'm just sitting back and chilling.. the more harassment they get the slower it goes..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

joshua5438

Reaction score
I have noticed the injectors being louder but I also remember the 310 tune was about the same so I never thought much in to that. Thanks for the info though. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing how the shift on the fly goes. Sometimes this BETA is a little too tame for me on the pedal response and would be nice to just flip a switch for a different feel once in awhile. I still plan to come by your shop and meet you all one day when I am out your way.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thought I'd sneak some pictures of progress on the upgrades and additions to our on-screen tuning.

I've added a ton of stuff- enough to damn nearly eliminate the need for "custom" tuning for many of you, in the conventional sense.

Options added on BETA:

Injector Nozzle Sizing
Allows selection between stock/default, 30% over, 60% over, 100% over, and 150% over nozzles. This is a global change to all fueling and pulsewidth (except WOT) that will calibrate nozzles back to necessary fueling levels.

Peak Injection Pulsewidth
Selections between 1.5ms, 1.6ms, 1.7ms, 1.8ms, 1.9ms, 2.0ms, 2.1ms, 2.2ms, 2.3ms, 2.4ms, and 2.5ms. This encompasses the max pulsewidth used in 95% of applications from small nozzles on a stock pump, to larger nozzles on dual K16's or larger. Simply raise the pulsewidth to your liking, or until it starts draining fuel rails.

Turbocharger Selection
Selections between Stock, Modified VGT (71 to 73mm Low Pressure, stock to 60mm High Pressure), Modified VGT (75 to 76mm LP, 59-60mm HP), Modified VGT (75 to 76mm LP, 61-66mm HP), or Fixed Geometry.

Modified VGT selections will correct VGT feedforward controller and exhaust backpressure tables for optimal operation with the selected turbochargers.

Fixed Geometry setting will turn off VGT controller, and disable diagnostic trouble codes associated, for use with non-VGT. This works for both single turbos or non-VGT compounds.

Low Boost Fueling/Smoke Control
Adjustable from Stock to +50%, in 10% increments, along with "OFF" This adjustment range is wide enough to eliminate smoke on the low end, and spool even large turbos on the high end.

Cooling Fan Engagement Temp, Engine
Full speed fan engagement temperature based on engine coolant. Allows selection from 215 to 230 degrees F.

Cooling Fan Engagement Temp, Trans
Full speed fan engagement temperature based on trans temp. Allows selection from 215 to 230 degrees F.

High Pressure Fuel System
Selectable between Stock, Aftermarket Single HPFP (such as the II Dragonfire), Dual K16/K16 (such as Elite's kit) and Dual K16/CP3 (River City and others).

This will correct VCV, PCV, and rail pressure settings, adaptive fuel pressure control parameters, and modify diagnostics to work with the selected system.

Throttle Dampening
Turns throttle dampening on or off. On for smoother throttle input, off for quicker response. Your choice.

Engine Rev Limiter
Self explanatory. Can choose between tune default, 3500, 3750, 4000, 4250, or 4500 and 4750 for built engines.

EGT Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 1400 to 1800 degrees, or OFF.

Oil Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 230 to 260 degrees, or OFF.

Coolant Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 230 to 250 degrees, or OFF.

Fuel Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 170 to 230 degrees, or OFF.

Transmission Hardware
Selections between Stock, Suncoast, River City, Elite, Midwest, and ATS. These settings will correct clutch pack boost times, shift pressures, and adaptive parameters to match the selected transmission.

Converter Stall RPM
Selections between 1600RPM, 1800RPM(Stock), 2000RPM, 2200RPM, and 2400RPM. Corrects k-factor calculations and torque converter lockup speed ratios.

Shift Solenoids
Selectable between stock or modified direct solenoid. Corrects boost time and shift pressures for a modded direct clutch solenoid, such as Suncoast.

1st though 6th Gear Torque Converter Lockup and Unlock Scheduling, Wide Open Throttle
Add or subtract in MPH to converter lock and unlock scheduling for each gear (10 adjustable parameters total)

5th and 6th Gear Torque Converter Lockup and Unlock Scheduling, Part Throttle
Adjustable in MPH for low and part throttle lockup and unlock, separately from WOT. Not available for gears 1, 2, and 3 since lockup is not used.

WOT RPM Based Shift Points
Configurable from 3100RPM to 4000RPM for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th gears independently.

1st through 6th Gear Upshift and Downshift Scheduling
1-2, 2-1, 2-3, 3-2, 3-5, 5-3, 5-6, and 6-5 Shift schedules adjustable by MPH. 10 independent tables for shift customization.

6th Gear Tow/Haul Lockout

On/Off selection. Selecting on blocks 6th gear in Tow/Haul, effectively making the Tow/Haul button an Overdrive On/Off selection. Useful for guys running large turbos who need to downshift to keep the turbo spooled, for various purposes.

Shift Firmness
Shift firmness adjustable for 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, and 5-6 shifts independently. Adjustable by percentage, -20% to +25%. Adjustments correct shift pressures and transmission adaptive slip times simultaneously, to the desired shift feel.

Torque Converter Lockup Firmness
Selectable from -20% to +30%. Adjusts converter lockup pressures and adaptive slip times simultaneously

These are added on top of our already existing parameters.

123ulmr.jpg

34976kl.jpg

10f9fz5.jpg

r2ruh4.jpg

11vnn28.jpg

6rn3ah.jpg

34rddm1.jpg

Injector Pulsewidth selection
o09opw.jpg

Nozzle Size selection
hwin3q.jpg

Turbocharger selection
2dj9po0.jpg

High Pressure Fuel System selection
2dgugiq.jpg

Transmission Hardware selection
2krq6s.jpg

Low Boost Fueling selection
2m3soqf.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on things you'd like to see added, feel free.

Bringing this list back to the top. (For reference)

OT

Dont mean to bother, Anymore updates?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online