Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Matt,

Glad to see this platform not getting left in the weeds. By chance, will you be attempting to match the 6.7's torque converter lock schedule? Most of the folks tuning the 6.4 platform leave lockup for the last two gears only on moderate pedal application (less than 50%). If possible, I'd like to see someone setup something similar to the 6.7 strategy.

Yes, lockup schedule is modified pretty significantly from our current tunes, and stock.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yes, lockup schedule is modified pretty significantly from our current tunes, and stock.

One more question, would it be possible to add a later tc lockup option for us guys with 4.30's/4.88's DRW?

Trying to climb a grade at 40-42 MPH and the tc locking and unlocking constantly gets kind of frustrating especially when towing LOL.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
I look at it the the opposite way, I would like to see even earlier TC locking and that would help guys with deep gears. Once the TC locks your putting 100% of the power to the ground

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yes, but in a lower gear, which you should be able to do with your manual shifter controls. Keeping the tc unlocked and turning high RPMs is just turning power into unnecessary heat in the trans.

Reaction score
One more question, would it be possible to add a later tc lockup option for us guys with 4.30's/4.88's DRW?

Trying to climb a grade at 40-42 MPH and the tc locking and unlocking constantly gets kind of frustrating especially when towing LOL.

I don't understand why you want the torque converter unlocked while climbing a grade, it's a waist of power and just generates tremendous heat. I wish we could see programming that locked the converter in every gear like other transmissions do.

What you need in your scenario is to drop a gear and lock the converter. Because it sounds like your Trans is trying to lockup but it puts you too low an rpm to hold the load.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I set my tunes to lock the converter in 3rd and up under normal acceleration and 2nd and up under heavy acceleration. Also it will lock in 1st under wot conditions but I don't really notice that because it's only in its for about one second at wot. My mpg improved and it drives much better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What you need in your scenario is to drop a gear and lock the converter. Because it sounds like your Trans is trying to lockup but it puts you too low an rpm to hold the load.

Yes this is exactly what i'm talking about (sorry I typed that post to early in the morning LOL.), could make it drop back to 3rd and extend that 3-5 shift. (this is around 40-43 MPH)

This would probably be under a "custom tune" situation though but, it would be nice to have the option for it. (for us guys with 4.30's/4.88's)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I set my tunes to lock the converter in 3rd and up under normal acceleration and 2nd and up under heavy acceleration. Also it will lock in 1st under wot conditions but I don't really notice that because it's only in its for about one second at wot. My mpg improved and it drives much better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That must feel great. So much waisted revving with the converter open. I've meant to write my own but just so busy. Maybe before I go through my Trans I'll do it.

KTM300

Reaction score
Thank you so much Matt for not forgetting us 6.4 guys. A lot of companies would just move on to the latest and greatest and leave us out in the cold. Really, really appreciate it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Update?

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from the 13-16 Spar-Tan thread, hopefully some of that applies to us 6.4 guys.

Putting the finishing touches on SOTF software tonight and tomorrow. Will take us a few days to get some BETA cables made up, and I'll probably be sending a small number of cables out to testers as soon as we return from new years, to try out and give us input on working product.

Due to aggravation with injection molding contractors, I have a 3d printer on order for the shop to produce the dash pieces for the knobs and mounts. I think you guys will be very pleased with the finished product :D It also provides a great stop-gap for us until we can get molds made, etc.

TPMS/Tire size isn't my department, but engineering emails have been flying back and forth. I'll be working on exhaust braking again immediately following SOTF Beta.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Any updates? any dyno time?

Will it be possible to do "stock" ,210 ,275 ,310 tunes on the sotf switch?

The switch will it be "plug and play" or cut/splice?

Last edited:

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
From everything that they've stated, it will be plug and play. It will pass through the firewall and plug in under the hood with the switch in the cab. Sounds pretty slick actually and will leave the OBD-II free for monitors, etc.

Torque

Reaction score
I really do not want to get ride of my ******* when I do turbo upgrades, so if they release custom tuning it's staying.

Latest posts

Members online