Looking for info on VGT vs. non-VGT.

ford rules

Reaction score
MPD flow tests their injectors so yes they should. Ive heard great things about MPD's injectors and their new 7 hole nozzles as well.

swinky

Reaction score
RR wont do anything to help your ICP. If your HPOP is in decent shape it should hold a 190.
Sump wont help you hold fuel pressure unless you have a pump that will support the injectors.

Sump should help.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
Stock pump can only supply so much fuel, i dont see a sump helping anything besides for being sure there is plenty of fuel at the inlet side of the pump.

swinky

Reaction score
It will have head pressure instead of having to lift from the tank.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I wonder if MFIs come with a sheet?

I'm sure they do. You can always ask to make sure they give you a sheet, but they definitely get flowed and worked until they are perfect. I've watched Greg build and flow injectors and he is top notch. Also the 7 hole nozzles work well. I am running them now.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I'm sure they do. You can always ask to make sure they give you a sheet, but they definitely get flowed and worked until they are perfect. I've watched Greg build and flow injectors and he is top notch. Also the 7 hole nozzles work well. I am running them now.

I remember seeing that you were going down. I seen your truck outside when I went Friday that week, but as soon as I got there my wife called me and said I had to get home..:jawdrop:

I stopped back Tuesday and talked to Buddy a little bit about the stud job in general.

Whos injectors did you have prior to having yours reworked? What difference did you notice from theirs to MFIs

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I remember seeing that you were going down. I seen your truck outside when I went Friday that week, but as soon as I got there my wife called me and said I had to get home..:jawdrop:

I stopped back Tuesday and talked to Buddy a little bit about the stud job in general.

Whos injectors did you have prior to having yours reworked? What difference did you notice from theirs to MFIs

ahh damn, should have said hi! I was there fri-sat. My injectors were always MPD injectors. They went in the truck Jan 2013 and they were built from new ford injectors. They have been upped in size a few times since Craig originally built them. The big change this time was from the 150 nozzles to the 7 hole 75s, and just replacing worn out parts and going through the injectors.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
You can get 190cc or so out of the 30% nozzle, i've done it before, with the results to prove it. I build the injector around the nozzle, so If I put say a a 75% nozzle on a 190 injector that has our 30% nozzle, on the same test it will flow over 210cc with a 75% nozzle.

Just curious... at what ICP, RPM, and PW does a 30% nozzle dump 190cc of fuel? (i wish I had a flow bench) Also is that with plugged spill ports?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
ahh damn, should have said hi! I was there fri-sat. My injectors were always MPD injectors. They went in the truck Jan 2013 and they were built from new ford injectors. They have been upped in size a few times since Craig originally built them. The big change this time was from the 150 nozzles to the 7 hole 75s, and just replacing worn out parts and going through the injectors.

Wifey was haitin' haha.Nows shes going to hate the 7k bill coming up after I leave MPD :flush:

I couldnt stay she needed help and I forgot to see if we were doing anything after work. But maybe next time... I seen your truck outside and I planned on stopping in, but whatever haha.

If you dont mind me asking, wtf wore out in a little over a year on new ford remans?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wifey was haitin' haha.Nows shes going to hate the 7k bill coming up after I leave MPD :flush:

I couldnt stay she needed help and I forgot to see if we were doing anything after work. But maybe next time... I seen your truck outside and I planned on stopping in, but whatever haha.

If you dont mind me asking, wtf wore out in a little over a year on new ford remans?

the intensifier springs wear out significantly with large modified injectors and the increased stroke.

Just curious... at what ICP, RPM, and PW does a 30% nozzle dump 190cc of fuel? (i wish I had a flow bench) Also is that with plugged spill ports?

Open ports, when you build them to flow around the nozzle there isnt much need for this until a certain point. with was at 2.4ms 4,000 rpm, 4,000 icp.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
the intensifier springs wear out significantly with large modified injectors and the increased stroke.

This. I think I have a pic of the one intensifier spring in mine that was significantly worn. Stuff like this I see as normal though. When I ask for an injector to be built to make as much power as possible I don't see it abnormal to have to go through them once a year and replace worn parts. Race parts don't last as well as stock parts do.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
no doubt. What size are you running again? 205/100s?

What mileage would warrant a PM overhaul on 190s?

KCTurbos

Reaction score

Open ports, when you build them to flow around the nozzle there isnt much need for this until a certain point. with was at 2.4ms 4,000 rpm, 4,000 icp.

so if a 190/30 was built around 2.4ms 4000rpms 4000icp ... then how much fuel does your 190/30 dump at 2.7ms??? Just curious (feel free to send me a PM if you feel this is mucking up the thread)

Fox hunt

Reaction score
so if a 190/30 was built around 2.4ms 4000rpms 4000icp ... then how much fuel does your 190/30 dump at 2.7ms??? Just curious (feel free to send me a PM if you feel this is mucking up the thread)

I'm interested too, this is good stuff

TooMuch03

Reaction score
It will have head pressure instead of having to lift from the tank.

This is not true at all. Head pressure is simply the result in the difference in elevation from the fuel level in the tank to the inlet of the pump. Regardless of the path.

On a different note, Greg, are you able to achieve ICP of 4000 psi on your flow bench? all the flow benches I have dealt with are really only capable of 3000 psi. I am just curious if you have modified your flow bench, if you use a little math to correlate results to the higher pressures. That's what I've had to do.

Latest posts

Members online