Looking for Tonneau advice

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Does anyone make an OBS cover that is the roll out Velcro kind that will pair up to a saddle tool box. Ive seen them on d-max and newer f150s but never listed for OBS trucks and would love to get one, maybe a company that makes them to fit your length?

Atsah

Reaction score
I went and looked them all over.. I liked different things about all of them.. I have had Access covers and had a problem with one and they replaced the cover no questions asked.. The owner had maked down the Limited model to $350 installed so that's what I bought.. All the brands I looked at seem to be equal as far as quality goes, each one is a little different but are basically the same.. I like the covers that sit 1 1/2 above the rails, better for snow and gives a little more hight inside the bed..

Atsah

Reaction score
Does anyone make an OBS cover that is the roll out Velcro kind that will pair up to a saddle tool box. Ive seen them on d-max and newer f150s but never listed for OBS trucks and would love to get one, maybe a company that makes them to fit your length?

I did see one of these for your truck..

Access Tool Box Edition Tonneau Cover

taterthedog

Reaction score
I had a tuxedo lo profile on a f150 before and I was very pleased with how it looked and functioned. I don't care much for the ones with a big bow in them. Right now I run a Diamondback HD with a headache rack. Stuff secure in under, and can throw a quad or anything on top. It is also Linexed so it should be durable.

Spray7.3

Reaction score
I was recently informed of a new offering from a company by the name of 'BAK'. Apparently they were product of the year at Sema and I must say, their top tonneau offering is very appealing.. I will have to find a link!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I do like how they leave your stake pockets!.. that rolling one is cool but id like to have just a normal velcrow soft one so i have full use of the bed need be. Not having a big roll or aluminum up at the cab. hey look EXTREAMLY well built tho

Atsah

Reaction score
What a PITA this turned out to be trying to install the Access tonneau cover with my Back Rack and Siderails..:doh: There is no way to mount the Access cover with my bed rack setup without modifying the rails on the cover.. The guy took back the Access and while I was there I measured a couple of different covers and found the Truxedo Low Pro QT to be what I needed.. The only thing I had to do to get it on was loosen the headacke rack and lift it a couple of inchs, put the front crossmember down and tighten it back up.. Went on in ten minutes..

Things I like about this cover..

1.) It has floating velcro on the rails so that the automatic tensioning springs can tighten and loosen as needed..

2.) One driverside flip latch to open..

3.) Fits with a headache back with siderails..

4.) Lifetime warranty..

5.) Great water seal system..

6.) Sits flat and you can't see any bows at all..

Hope this helps someone at some point in the future..

Atsah

Reaction score
I just took a couple..

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    750.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    748.7 KB · Views: 44

Spray7.3

Reaction score
Well I received my access cover but unfortunately it was for a 6' 8" bed..:flush: So after unpacking it and finding that, I quickly got got things straightened out and will hopefully have yhe proper cover this week! I will post pics after install!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.