lost 5th gear????

Rubenk

Reaction score
Ive had it happen. Usually reload the tune and it came back. It is caused by a solenoid IMO, eventually you will get a code. Ive driven mine in 4th for a while when it would lose OD. Ive done solenoids in my 6.0's 5r and it wasnt bad, just messy.

a built bts fixed mine...lol.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The same solenoid does the 1-2 shift as does the shift to overdrive. How would the solenoid work fine for the 1-2 shift but not work at all shifting to overdrive?

Rubenk

Reaction score
Mark, Thats something we leave to the experts like you to answer!

I respect your background and always appreciate your input. But on mine it would routinely happen once the trans started to crap out. It was like that solenoid would get hung up and then the computer would lock out that gear, until you retuned and wiped the memory. Does the solenoid do exactly the same thing for the 1-2shift as the 5-6 shift? If so, then I agree with you that the solenoids are fine.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Yes it does. The overdrive solenoid's only job is to control the overdrive clutch. To make the 1-2 shift AND to make the 5-6 shift the overdrive clutch is applied by the overdrive solenoid.

nickw226

Reaction score
well it shifts fine 1-2 so I dont think its the solenoid then. Im going to reload stock tune and test drive to see if it comes back. Does anybody know if you can monitor gear postition with dash daq(spartan)?

nickw226

Reaction score
I loaded stock tune and then reloaded 250 tune. Same thing. No overdrive. I guess my trans is going out. :cursing:

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I don't see how the trans is going out if it will shift 1-2 but not 5-6. It is the EXACT same shift to go 1-2 as 5-6. In both cases the overdrive solenoid applies the overdrive clutch. That's it.

Did you try it with the tunes removed from the truck?

nickw226

Reaction score
Yes. I reloaded stock tune and drove about 25 miles. The dash daq was still connected but running stock file. Maybe is starting in second and I'm not realizing it?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

nickw226

Reaction score
I'm about to drop pan and change over to internal filter instead of job 1 mesh screen. Maybe I will find some trash in there

nickw226

Reaction score
Dropped pan and converted over to actual filter and deeper stock pan. Nothing out of the ordinary. Super clean. Filled back up with mercon sp. Still no o/d. Is there a way to reset the tcm?

webb06

Reaction score
Dropped pan and converted over to actual filter and deeper stock pan. Nothing out of the ordinary. Super clean. Filled back up with mercon sp. Still no o/d. Is there a way to reset the tcm?

You can reflash with IDS

GDow

Reaction score
I have a 2008 F350 with a 6.4 and mine goes 1-2-3 and goes into neutral and then limp mode with code po766 celniod D replaced it same thing so I put all 7 in today .. And same thing and same code and reverse is delaying . Any help please

GDow

Reaction score
What did you end up doing on your code d po766 ? I replaced all my celniod and same code and same simptoms